Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Wishing you a lovely day

Happy Tuesday!

Today I am popping in to share a card I finished on Sunday.  I recently received the new Spellbinder label 25 in the mail and I really wanted to use it.  I thought it would be fun to try to create a scene using some of the new C.C. Designs digis from the March release.  (I created two scenes and will be sharing one today.  When I get the other one colored and put together on either a card or "other" I will share that too.)


As you can see, I combined three digital images (Swiss Pixie Bunny Lucy, the Easter eggs and flowers) into one scene.  One of the great things about digis is that you can make them small or big, multiply and/or combine several in to one scene.  After printing it out I die cut the scene with the biggest die from SB labels 25 and before removing the paper from the die I used TH Distress inks (Tumbled glass & peeled paint) to create the cloud background as well as ground cover for the grass which incidentally gave it a nice framed look.  (I accidentally printed out the scene on regular paper, but was thankful it happened because I was able to use it as the mask for my image.  Now if I use the scene again I have a mask for it.  Score!)  I went over the grass with a couple Copic YGs to give it more depth and color.  Then I colored SP Bunny Lucy and the rest of the scene.  I took a page out of my blogging buddy, Amy's, accessory book and added some tiny pearls where all the tiny bubbles (from the egg image) were.


Once I was done coloring I wasn't sure what I would do next, use the same die and make it into one card?  Or cut up more paper and make an even bigger card?  I remembered there was a sketch challenge going on over at the ATS blog so went to see if I could incorporate it.  Woo Hoo!!  I was pretty stoked that I could.  Now all I needed was to find some dp that would soften up the card as well as choose what color the base would be.  Since I already had the frame in white I told myself to keep it simple.  So the card base would be white and I would matte every panel with white.  Found some fun dp scraps that pulled in colors from the scene that would work.  I used a cute sentiment from the AmyR Be Happy set that turned out to be perfect for the card.  I mimicked the grass and cloud colors on to the square and popped it onto white cs.  When I was done I couldn't stop smiling.  (lol)


Well that's my share for today.  Hope you stop by tomorrow when I share my new FBW challenge post.  We have a really fun sponsor this week and the challenge is a fan favorite.  :)  I know I don't often get to post daily so when I do it must mean that I'm gettin' ahead on things which is nice for a change.  I'm slowly gettin' around to your blogs to catch up on what you've been up to and I really appreciate all the love and comments you leave daily.  Thank you again for being such wonderful friends that I get to share with.  :)  Mahalo for now, "see" you all tomorrow!

Hugs,
Leanne

Challenges:
ATS Weekly Wed Challenge: Sketch
Anyone for Anya: Use Teal

Supplies not listed above:
White cs (Neenah), dp (scraps), sun punch, pearls (Recollections)
Copics:

18 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Oh, I LOVE this. Bunny Lucy looks so adorable. Her pink and blue outfit is a nice combo.

eva said...

super cute, leanne!! love your scene! i just bought some cc designs cuties too so hopefully i'll get to ink them up soon.

Sara H said...

Your card is so adorable =)Love the sweet image and the scene you´ve created!!!! So cute!

Annie Rose said...

This is fabulous! Your coloring is great. :)

Thanks for playing with us at {ANYONE FOR ANYA}!

-Annie Rose

Creations by Shirl said...

Awwww so cute, love the scenery she's behind of..pretty Eastery colors and great take on the sketch too...

Rachel Parys said...

Get out of town! This is so awesome! How do you meld the 3 different digis together? This is fantastic, just a really cool scene. Nice happy Easter colors! You go girl!!!!!!

Mimi said...

Hi Leanne! oh what a sweet scene for Bunny Lucy! gorgeous coloring and great choice of colors! cute card!! and thanks for joining us at ATS challenge! ;D

Mary J said...

Wow, what a fab take on that sketch Leanne! And your grass and cloud colouring are amazing girl!!!

♥Rach♥ said...

Beautiful and so spring like, LOVE it!

Sonia said...

Leanne, I love the bunny girl image so adorable. Great colouring.. Fabby creation.
-Sony

Cyndi said...

Super sweet! Love how you combined the images and your coloring!

Unknown said...

aww...awesome color combos and she is just adorable!

Nancy Thomas said...

Adorable - love the Easter colors and all that gorgeous green grass.

Nancy Thomas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dangina Martinez said...

Super cute! You did fantastic with that scene.
Thank you for joining in at All That Scraps This week.
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

Unknown said...

Fabulous image I love it and your colours are gorgeopus, I like this blog and I love the way you craft I am following Hugs Elaine

Amy said...

Love this scene you've created Leanne, so many flowers...it's so cool! Awesome design and some fun colors for spring!
LOL! You know I love my pearls! ;)

Lindsay said...

too cute! Love the way you've coloured her up... great card!