Monday, April 23, 2012

Baby, Baby, Baby - Lollipop Crafts #77

Happy Monday!!!

This is the first of two posts I have to share with you today.  First up is this week's Lollipop Crafts challenge #77.  This week it's all about babies!  We want you to make a baby CARD.  Boy, girl, twins, anything for a baby.  Now the key word is CARD so make sure if you want to be considered in our top 3 or the winner of this week's prize you must make a BABY CARD.  Head on over to the Lollipop Crafts blog and see what my DT sisters have created.  It will definitely make you want to say awwww, so cute!!  :)

I made this card for two of my friends who were expecting a baby boy.  I found this adorable image called Michael, at Mo's Digital Pencil shop and fell in love!  My card is just the image with a few clouds in the background that was matted onto some cardstock.  I figured the image itself did not need any sort of embellishment.  Hope you like.


Isn't this the cutest image?  He looks like he's in that deep sleep that we all wish we could have.  I need me a cloud!!  (hahaha)  So I colored him up with Copics and the clouds were randomly sponged with Distress ink (tumbled glass).  I matted this onto white cs, gold cs, and then a white card.  I added an embossed frame using my Scorpal to the card to break up that white space.





After coloring his wings and halo with gold tones I used Stickles to give it a bit of a nice sparkle and texture.  I seriously would love to have a cloud to sleep on!  (hahaha)  We hope you play along with us this week.  Our sponsor is Robyn's Fetish and the T-Team will have a sponsor spotlight on Wednesday.


Now if you aren't too busy come back later because I'll be hopping along with the Monday Inspiration team from La-La Land Crafts.  You are all welcomed to join in the fun.  Mahalo for stopping by!!

Hugs,
Leanne

Supplies not listed above:
White cs (Neenah), Gold cs (Stardream)
Copics:

  

10 comments:

Cely said...

Your coloring is just phenomenal. :) I've been meaning to ask, how do you store your copics? i have sketches and ciaos too and it's a pain keeping them in my sleeve portfolios. i need to get those little labels for the tops of my ciaos too...

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Aww gorgeous Leanne :) What a sweet little image. Love how you have used the stickes to add a big of glimmer. I could use a big cuddly cloud to sleep on right about now too!

Creations by Shirl said...

Adorable Leanne - you are always amazing...

eva said...

so sweet, leanne!!

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this card is pretty Awesome too!
hugs,Heidi

Sonia said...

Totally Gorgeous Leanne! Adorable angel image.
-Sony

TC said...

I want a cloud too! lol.
This is adorable. Very sweet x

Cyndi said...

Fabulous baby card! Awesome image and great coloring!

Dena said...

Just gorgeous, Leanne! Tumbled Glass is my go-to color for clouds also! :) You're right though, no embellies needed for this sweet image. That cloud sure looks pillowy soft! What a great baby card!

Aloha,
Dena

glowegal said...

Aww this is sooo sweet! I love hoe the cloud looks 3-D from your awesome coloring! Beautiful!