Monday, April 2, 2012

Lollipop Crafts #74 - Embellies NOT allowed!

Hey everyone!!
Happy April to you!  This month starts some exciting changes to Lollipop Crafts along with some new faces and team swaps.  Myself, along with Juelmarie, Joanna K and our newest Lollipop gal, Dena will be joining Alanna's team this term.  Moving over to Tammy's team are Sony, Mimi, Cyndi, Christy and our newest Lollipop gal Jo D.  Make sure to stop by Dena's and Jo D's blogs to give them a wonderful Lollipop welcome!!

We are changing up the Sponsor Spotlight day from Thursday to Wednesday to make room for a new and fun Player Feature for Fridays.  Sundays we will continue to post all the winners and top 3 of that week's challenge.  For all the details please visit the Lollipop Crafts blog

Now on to this week's challenge hosted by the A-Team aka Alanna's Team.  The challenge is Embellishments NOT allowed.  I can hear the groans already!!  hahaha!!  Come on, I know it will be hard to not reach for that gorgeous piece of ribbon, or those dazzling gems, but I know you can do it!  Have fun with it or go CAS.  Our sponsor this week is Meljen's Designs and the T-team will share their Sponsor Spotlight on WEDNESDAY.  Be sure to stop by the LC blog to see all their lovely creations.  

Find out how my teammies did by visiting the LC blog then hopping to each of their blogs and leave them some love.

Kris

My project was created for my swap sister, Linda for the month of February.  Our theme was to use either red, pink or hearts on your card or project.  I made her a card and frame, but I am going to share the frame with you all today.  I used the newest TGF cuties from the sitting collections.  You can find Sitting Lovely and Sitting Casual in the TGF store.

I used a wood grained stamp and Memento Rich cocoa ink on top of kraft cardstock for the frame and the bench.  On the top part of the frame I glued one of the banners from the Flutter Heart clear stamp set from TGF. The patterned paper is from the DCWV Green stack.  The sentiment was something I hand wrote.  Not sure if it's a quote from anywhere but I thought it would go nicely with the theme inside the frame.  If you recognize it from somewhere please let me know so I can give credit.  The little birdy in the corner was part of the dp but when I cut the paper down it got cut off.  I just cut around it and glued it down.  I don't know if I'd consider this a CAS frame but there are no embellishments so it works for the challenge today.


Alrighty, I hope you play along in our challenge this week.  Don't forget to follow the theme in order to be considered for the winner and top 3.  The hardest part will be to choose which papers will work in replacing those beloved embellishments.   Lastly, remember to have fun!  Can't wait to see what you create!  Mahalo for stopping by!!

Hugs,
Leanne

Supplies not listed above:
Frame: Ikea
Copics:

12 comments:

Cami said...

So cute and love that frame you created, Leanne! Linda must've really been happy to receive this...I would! Have a wonderful week!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Leanne this is super cute! I love the images together and great job of creating a beautiful card without any embellies!! :D

Kate said...

Super cute card. Love it.

Hugs,
Kate

Rachel Parys said...

OMG, what a great little scene you created! They are so cute together!! I'm loving all of the woodgrain/brown, very cool card!

Creations by Shirl said...

Great card swap for Linda I'm sure she was dazzled over this card....
Awesome take for your LLP Challenge DT card....
Have a great start of the new month " APRIL".

eva said...

awww, cute scene! love the cute couple on the bench!

Mary J said...

How CUTE! Leanne, I just lvoe your little scene and woodwork!!

Mimi said...

awwww... such an adorable scene! sweet TGF couple and cute critters! The sentiment is so sweet and your handwriting is so cool! wish i could write like that! have a fabulous day Leanne! :D

Debi said...

So cute and love how you colored the images! The woodgrain is great, too!

Denice said...

So sweet Leanne! Love the images and the sentiment....you did a great job on this challenge! I don't have any of the new TGF stamps but am thinking I'm going to soon!
:Dxx

Cyndi said...

Love your card and the little critter! Cute scene too!

Unknown said...

Great job on the no embellies Leanne! Like the feel of nature that you bring out in this. I already enjoy looking at it so Linda would love to have it in her possession...lol