Friday, April 20, 2012

Lilo's Fun Friday #25

Happy Aloha Friday everyone!

Today's LFF #25 is a card I made for Mary J who was the winner of my 500th post RAK.  I had a lot of fun making this seriously CAS card.  I decided on a shape card since Mary loves to make them.  If you haven't been by her blog you should definitely check it out.  She has some amazing creative talent and awesome creations.  Hope you like it Mary!


I used Sister Stamps, Yoshimi, as she was the perfect size for this small card.  I die cut white cs (Neenah) but left the die on, stamped Yoshimi in the middle, masked her, inked up a Kodomo Inc stamp called Flower clouds with Distress Inks, Stormy Sky, then using the same color distressed the inside around the edge with Stormy Sky and Tumbled Glass.  Once I was done inking up the inside I removed the die and voila a nice white border.  Next I stamped Yoshimi on white cs (Xpress It this time) and colored her up with Copics using soft pastel colors.  You can't tell but the flowers on the fans are the same colors as her kimono.  The rest I left white except light pink line and using my Scor-pal scored some lines on the fan.  I also folded them on the scored lines to make it look like the fans have dimension.  (Well I tried!)  Since I already stamped her on the Neenah paper I fussy cut her including the fans then glued her down.  I used some scrap twine and did another triple loop bow and added a half pearl.  Lovin' this embellishment!  This was all mounted on a pink Tsumugi cs that was cut with the largest Blossom Spellbinder die I have.   All done! :)


Alrighty, I hope you liked my share for today as much as I enjoyed making it.  Can't get enough of these images, they are really too cute and fun to color.  Mahalo for stopping by today, have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend!!

Hugs,
Lilo

Supplies not listed above:
Black Memento Ink
Tsumugi cs and Kodomo Inc stamps (Hanko Designs)
Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E21, R20
Pinks: RV53, RV55, R000
Green: G40
Hair: 100, N7
Shoes: 100

18 comments:

eva said...

awww, pretty card and love the small size! i finally will be getting my own yoshimi soon!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

So "kawaii" (cute). I love the pearl in the twine bow too. Nighty night.

Mary J said...

I love it, love it, love it, Leanne!! The soft colours are gorgeous and I love how you did the twine like that!

Just love those stamps! Have a lovely weekend sweet friend!

Kate said...

She is so Pretty. Love your coloring.

Hugs,
Kate

hapagirlren said...

so kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want one :)

Jenny said...

Beautiful!

Creations by Shirl said...

Oh yes Mary definitely will love it...Great coloring..
HAve a great weekend Leanne...

Unknown said...

Hi Leanne, I know what you mean these images are just delightfull and what a lovely card well done .
I am just catching up viewing as I have been poorly, feeling much better now and will be posting soon.
You have been making some fabulous cards since I have been away
well done Hugs Elaine

Cheryl said...

I love this shaped card! Great coloring too!!! Adorable!

Rachel Parys said...

Ooooo I love that background! What a gorgeous blue! She is a doll, and I love the fan!

Cyndi said...

So cute! Love the soft colors and the background technique! Have an awesome weekend!

Loves Happy Hour said...

very cute!! love the colors!

cheers!

Amy said...

Such a sweet card Leanne, it looks like a happy flower! Love the background, very cool and you can't go wrong with a Sister Stamps, they are all so cute!
Have a great weekend!

glowegal said...

SO pretty Leanne!! I love Yoshimi, she may just be my favorite! Love your distressing and resist. Looks gorgeous!

Denice said...

Adorable Leanne, love your coloring! I have a few of the Sister Stamp images and am still trying to figure out how to do their hair...I always struggle with black hair?!! Congrats to Mary, she's going to love this!!
:Dxx

donna mikasa said...

Super cute card, Leanne! The blossom die is the perfect shape for Yoshimi! Love the sponged background, too!

Colleen said...

I love the card and I am sure that Mary does too. Thanks for always explaining in such great detail what you did when you make your cards. It's almost like taking a class.

Sonia said...

OMG! I love the images like this... Amazing Creation, great job!
-Sony