Wednesday, April 11, 2012

FBW #198 - Surprise!

Hi Everyone!

How is everyone doing today?  Great I hope! :)  Wanted to say Thank you to everyone that played in our FBW Anything Goes challenge last week and hope you all enjoyed our makes with our sponsored images from Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps.   Thanks again to Sparkle for sponsoring!!

This week at Flutterby Wednesday we have a really fun challenge.  We want you to make a birthday card!!  Don't forget your butterfly, fairy or angel.  For more inspiration please visit the rest of the team and make sure to leave them some love:  Anna, Danni, Harriet, Karen, KristieLynette, Mary, Michelle VP, Michelle, NancyPeggy and Suzanne!

For today's card I wanted to use a stamp I haven't inked up.  I have tons of those and I feel really bad about that.  One of my goals is to ink those forgotten stamps up and put them on a card!  I looked through my Sweet November stamps and thought Piper's Surprise would be the perfect image for a birthday card.  Shame on me for not inking her up before today.  


Paired her up with one of my favorite stacks, Berry Sweet from K&Company.  I also did some paper piecing to save time and to jazz up my card a little bit.  Gave Piper some pink hair and yellow wings for a different look.  Also wanted to keep her coloring similar to the rest of the card.  I had fun making that triple bow with the pink & white twine.  I thought that big half pearl was a nice touch.  Kept the layout pretty simple and that butterfly is actually part of the bg paper. So sad I had to cover most of it up, but really glad I had enough of the scrap left over that I got to cut out that bigger butterfly at the top.  A handwritten sentiment and some fun photo corners and it was done!


Hoping you get a chance to play in this week's challenge.  We don't have a sponsor this week, but you have a chance to be in our top 5 and who can resist making a birthday card and wanting to share it with everyone?  Just remember to add your fairy, butterfly or angel.  Mahalo for stopping by!!  I'm looking forward to seeing what you create!  Happy Wednesday everyone!!

I found this challenge to play along in:
The Pixie Cottage Challenge - Paper Piecing

Hugs,
Leanne

Supplies not listed above:
White cs (Neenah)
Square Spellbinder die
Blue shiney cs (DCWV)
Distress Ink in Antique Linen (Ranger)
Tuxedo black ink (Memento)
Photo corner punch (EK Success)
Stickles
Copics:
E000, E00, E01, E11, R20, Y13, RV53, E40 

18 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

She is super cute Leanne! Love the colours and her paper pieced box :)

♥Rach♥ said...

Fun and pretty and I LOVE the sponging you did around the oustide! Great details and super fun :0)

Rachel Parys said...

She is fun!!! What great colors!! Such a cute image with her popping out of the box, perfect for a birthday!!

Creations by Shirl said...

Cute love that pinkish hair.. and great job on those paper piecing...Those photo corners are a must to have too.... It's mid week already - yikes!!!!
Have a super Wednesday~

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

What a cute and happy card Leanne. So colorful and I love the twine too. Have a great day.

Lynette said...

So sweet! Love the paper-pieced present and the papers you chose. And yep - the pearl is a great idea!

eva said...

cute! love that butterfly paper -- think i have some still somewhere too!

Amy said...

Love how you've paper pieced the present, it really does add a festive touch! Piper's pink hair is awesome and the twine bow looks so cool, very clever! Fab card Leanne!

Denice said...

What a cute image Leanne...so glad to see her inked up for all of us to see.

:Dxx

Mary J said...

Oh Leanne, she is delightful! Lovin' the paper piecing and how you did the twine too! I gotta steal that idea!

Michelle said...

so bright and happy! Love the paper piecing you did and who doesn't love a little girl with pink hair? VERY CUTE!!!

Tan's Hobbies said...

Oh dear Leanne, this birthday card is sooo cute!! Love the girl with the purple hair, she is too pretty!!! Love how you design a bow from a twine, it brilliant. Love the photo frame border idea too. This card is very very Lovely!!

Suzanne Bier said...

Totally sweet card, Leanne! Love the spongy background and that image is the CUTEST! I just want to pinch her little pixie cheeks! *HUGS*, Suzanne

Cyndi said...

Ooh super sweet card! Love the paperpiecing and the DP! I had that DP but had to leave it in HI!

Karen Wilson said...

Omgoodness, this just made me smile! How cute!

Danni said...

Awww..so very cute!! I still haven't bought her yet! Love her fun hair and the paper pieced gift!

Sonia said...

Hello Leanne
Happy little girl image, love it!
Beautiful creaiton!
-Sony

Denise @ kc242 said...

Wow such a cute card. Love your paper piecing and design. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pixie Cottage
Denise
PCDT