Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter treats

Hey everyone!
Are you enjoying your Saturday?  Hope so, I think I'm going to have a craft session with one of my friends today, but we'll see how it goes.  Hope you get to do something fun today even if it's just lounging around.

I walked in to Michael's the other day with a purpose in mind to buy some navy blue cs.  Just navy cs!  Well of course the first thing I see when I walk in are these really cute containers that look like miniature paint cans.  They were clear and had an Easter theme to them.  Dude!  They were sooo cute I had to get them.  Yes had to!  hahaha!  I thought it would look so cute with some of the Easter themed candies & jelly beans and possibly a really cute image & some pretty ribbons attached.  Definitely not a lot of work at all.  So there I go buying a dozen of these.  I knew the perfect image that would not take me too long to color and went to work on them when I got home.

Here's how I altered (a little bit) for my co-workers with a little help from a cute bunny named, Daba.



I went to Target and found some Reese's pieces that were egg shaped and pastel colored & jelly beans.  At the end I was running out of time so I only colored parts of Daba, from Sister Stamps, and left him mostly white.  I made 14 total and gave them to my co-workers who were really surprised and happy too.  What a wonderful find and such a nice little gift especially with a cute image and some pretty ribbon.


Before I go I wanted to congratulate Mary J, you are the random winner of my 500th post!  Please shoot me an email, quikhonu34(at)yahoo(dot)com, with your snail mail and I'll get your RAK in the mail this week.  Thanks everyone for participating and for the lovely comments!!

Well I hope you all enjoyed my share. Happy Easter to all and blessings to you and your families!  Mahalo for stopping by today!!
O!! And yes I did find the navy cs I originally went in there for!  hahaha!!

Hugs,
Leanne

17 comments:

Mary J said...

OMG, I can't believe I won Leanne!!! Thank you honey, will send you email now - so excited!!!

Gorgeous little tubs, those rabbits are just gorgeous!

M xxxx

Rachel Parys said...

Holy crap those are cute!!! Guess where I'm headed today!! My Michaels probably won't have any, but I have to try!! Those are adorable sister!!

Hope the Easter bunny is good to you! ;)

Creations by Shirl said...

Great and cute treat containers for the co-workers.. I bet they were all deighted to receive them too..
Big huge congrats to Mary J - way to go teamie....
Happy Easter Leanne...

Mimi said...

Leanne, OMGosh! these are sooo cute! I know what you mean about that store... cant walk out with just one thing!! lol!
Have a great Easter weekend! ;D

Amy said...

I think Daba is the cutest bunny I've seen and he works so well on these cute little paint cans! They are such a sweet idea for a little Easter gift, you are always so thoughtful Leanne!

Jenny V. said...

They are too cute and so perfect to give as lil Easter treats. Have a happy Easter to you and your family.

Franz♥ said...

Hi Leanne! So cute, i love them soooo much!

Thanks for your visit and your lovely comment, i wish you too a wonderful Easter!

A big hug, Franz.

eva said...

these are cute little goodies! i know, it's hard to resist all the cute stuff in crafty stores. i could stare at everything all day long!

gobeagirl said...

Oh Leanne. I so wish I could buy these stamps. I think you idea is just adorable! I love the way you colored them all! The fully colored ones, and the ones with the tummys and ears. Truly truly adorable! Happy Easter.
Hugs, Lisa

Denice said...

Happy Easter Leanne! Such a cute and thoughtful gift for your co-workers, no wonder they loved them!

:Dxx

Linda said...

Super cute project!!! I'm sure the receivers of these super cute packages loved them!!!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Leanne this is the cutest idea! They look amazing! I am sure everyone loved them...now I want one hehe ;) Happy Easter!

Unknown said...

What fabulous Easter treats and a lovely bunny image well done Leanne Hugs Elaine

Cyndi said...

Very cute Daba treat containers! At least you made good use of the find from Michael's!! I always get tricked by the endless 40% off coupons! Hope you had a great Easter!

Cheryl said...

Happy Easter Leanne!!! The pails look so cute and colorful with all the candies and Daba on it.

Unknown said...

It was super cute! Thanks for the toughtfulness!

Tan's Hobbies said...

WOW!!! This idea of Easter treat is brilliant!!! Love the cute bunny and sweet ribbons!!