Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Having fun with cranes

Hidee Ho!  It's been a couple days since I last posted so thought I'd pop in real quick and share a card I made a while back.  Now normally I would probably share this on Friday, but I have something else scheduled for that day.  This gal has waited long enough I think.  lol...


I made this as one of the sample cards for the last stamp show.  This is Yoko from Sister Stamps.  As you can see I had a bit of fun with her crane.  I consider this a CAS card what do you think?  Used the largest of the reverse wonky rectangle Spellbinder dies for the main image.  Left the die on and stamped Yoko then I used DI brick red and sponged all around her and the original crane. 


Can you tell which one it is?  Just follow the string to the end. (woo hoo interactive post - lol)  Colored her with Copics as well as a couple of the cranes.  The other ones I paper pieced using the same washi paper as you see in the background.  Mounted it onto white cs and then all onto black Tsumugi cs.  The border was from an EK Success border bunch that I punched on both sides.  Sometimes that gets tricky, you have to make sure you don't trim too much of the strip of paper and then you have to remember which side to start your punch on.  O yea, I handwrote that sentiment.  Besides skin color I think I only used 5 different Copic markers here.  Just tried to see if I could get away with not using a lot of markers for this one.


Well, that's all for today.  If you have time stop by tomorrow when I will have not 1, but 2 posts.  One for Flutterby Wednesday challenge #199 and a sponsor spotlight post for Lollipop Crafts.  Mahalo for stopping by today!  Hope you are all having a lovely day/evening.

Challenges:
All That Scraps challenge blog: Anything Goes
Oozak.com blog: Anything Goes

Hugs,
Leanne

Supplies not listed above:
White cs (Neenah), black cs (Recollections)
Copics:
Skin: E50, E51, E01, E11
Hair: 100
Kimono, bow, slippers, crane: R46, R00, C9
Pole: E34

16 comments:

Danni said...

Ohhh...I like this!! So pretty and vibrant!

Creations by Shirl said...

Love all those cranes looks like she hooked her favortite. Pretty washi papers too....
Domo Leanne!

donna mikasa said...

So cool, Leanne! Love the paper pieced cranes and the sponging inside the die is a great way to showcase Yoko. Wonderful card! Have a great rest of the week!

Cely said...

very pretty! looks like you painstakingly cut out all those paper cranes.

Rosie said...

OMG Leanne, this is amazing!! I love the colors and washi paper and your coloring is fabulous!

Rachel Parys said...

Oh man, I love her!!! What a great scene you created! I love the red that you sponged for her background! Another outstanding job sister!

xx

Colleen said...

What an awesome card. You did a great job with coloring Yoko and a fab job with the background and the cranes. I love the washi paper that you used. It coordinates perfectly with your card.

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Leanne this is gorgeous! Love the background and she is coloured so beautifully! :D

eva said...

hi leanne! great card and colors! love all the little cranes!

Tan's Hobbies said...

Wow!! I love the color combination so much, orange-black-white are great!! Love the image, she is so pretty, love the coloring (especially her hair)!! Love those cranes too!! Great card, dear!!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Oh, such a cool card with all those cranes. You are so clever. I love it.

Mel said...

This is so beautiful, love love your colors. Thank you for joining us Oozak's first challenge :)

Mimi said...

ooooh! pretty card Leanne! love all those cranes and the sponging looks awesome... like a spotlight on sweet Yoko! ;D

Denice said...

This is adorable Leanne, love the image and your coloring! Gosh, I wish I could get away with just a few markers...I always use too many!
:Dxx

Dangina Martinez said...

Fabulous creation! Thank you for joint in at ATS!
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

Cyndi said...

So beautiful! Love this asian card with the girl, cranes and colors!