Monday, April 9, 2012

Lollipop Crafts #75 - ATG Easter

Hello everyone!!

Hoping you all had a wonderful weekend and got to spend some quality time celebrating Easter with your loved ones.  Today, Lollipop Crafts is celebrating Easter Monday for our friends in Canada, England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Australia, and European counties.  Our team captain Tammy lives in Canada so we salute her and those of our friends across the globe celebrating today.  With that in mind, our challenge this week is Anything Goes with an Easter theme.  Please stop by the Lollipop Crafts blog to see what the rest of the LC ladies have to share.

This is the Easter/Spring card that I sent to my March swap sister, Dena, who just happens to be one of my LC sisters (lol).  It features the adorable Easter Anya (retired) from The Greeting Farm



Ta-da!!   Isn't her expression the cutest?  I've always loved her, she's so sassy and yet cute at the same time.  She makes me smile each time I see her.  The card is a gate fold and I used a sheet of MME Happier dp for the panels.  I went with greens and pinks and touches of yellow for this one.  Used the beaded oval Spellbinder and distressed the inside with DI in crushed olives (one of my favorites).  I love how the ovals look like eggs!  (Simple pleasures my friends)  I stamped Anya on a separate sheet of cs and colored her with Copics, fussy cut her out and mounted her in the center of the card.  I added the paper flower to her hair with a sun and a little bit of bling because she just wasn't girly enough.  (I'm kidding!!  lol)  The pink and white polka dot ribbon holds it all together. 


The sentiment is handwritten and mounted on to a scrap of dp from the same paper pad.  I haven't used flowers in a while so I thought the pink and green combo would be a nice touch.  It's also holding the sentiment closed.  I would not hire me as a florist.  (hahaha!)


Okay, now it's your turn!  Let's see those Easter themed projects or cards fill up the LC blog this week.  There is no sponsor, but we are going to choose a top 3.  Mahalo for stopping by, have a great week!!

Hugs,
Leanne

Sorry I forgot to take a picture of the Copics I used.  If I remember I'll be sure to update.

15 comments:

Mary J said...

Hello Leanne! What a gorgeous card - I love that paper with her and the the flower in her hair finishes it off perfectly!

Unknown said...

What a happy little image Leanne , coloured beautifully, what a lovely card I love this one . Your colours are beautiful .
Hugs Elaine

Denice said...

Super cute Leanne, I'm lovin' the yellow in the frame...such a great choice! And you handwriting...you put me to shame!

Have a great day!
:Dx

Sonia said...

Leanne
Cute and happy image, love it.
Totally Gorgeous! Love the images you used from TGF, all beautiful
-Sony

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

She is so super cute Leanne! And wow your handwriting is AMAZING! lol

Creations by Shirl said...

Cute and Eastery image for your take at LPC. Pretty bg papers too..

Rachel Parys said...

Love her! That was the perfect nestie to use with this card! The flower in her hair was a great idea. The MME is very spring-ish, great choice!!

I had two Easters this weekend, so I better go spend all of my time coloring so that I don't touch any more Easter candy!!!!!!! ;)

Unknown said...

Hope you had a nice Easter weekend! I like the color combos here. Spring is definitely here!!!

Mimi said...

Adorable card Leanne! Great job on the "oval eggs"! and pretty papers! Fabulous coloring, as always! Have a great day! ;D

Teri said...

Love the Easter Anya Leanne! I forgot about this cute image! The colors are perfect matching the papers and embellishments!

Arabella said...

This is so sweet Leanne! Gorgeous card!

Arabella

Cyndi said...

Super sweet Easter card! She is adorable and love the colors! Hope you had a great Easter!

Anonymous said...

Adorable Leanne! Wonderful coloring and fabulous Spring designing! TFS!

Sara H said...

Oooo she is sooo cute =) The little flower on her hair looks so sweet!!! I love all the beautiful details on this card, really adorable!

Tan's Hobbies said...

Aw!!! The image is too pretty, love the coloring sooo much. Your coloring is simply great, Leanne!! Love the overall design; I also love the cheerful and sweet colors selection. Love the little flower on her hair too!! This card is AWESOME!!