Friday, April 13, 2012

Lilo's Fun Friday # 24 - Happy Birthday Chuck!

Hi Everyone!

Happy Aloha Friday my friends!!  Whew! It's the end of the week and we made it!  hahaha!!

For today's LFF #24, I wanted to share a card I made using one of the new release boy stamps from Sister Stamps and his name is Yoshi.  I have a wonderful cousin named Chuck.  You might remember that he and I did a crafty project back in February for his cast members.  He works for the Happiest Place on Earth and boy does he take his job seriously.  He's the nicest and friendliest person you'll ever meet and if you're lucky enough to run in to him at Disneyland he'll try his best to make your dreams come true.  Just ask my friend Sandie.  As many times as I've been to Disneyland, he's always willing to come and meet up with me and my friends, even after an 8-hour shift starting at 6 am!  He truly represents the Aloha spirit and all my friends want to be related to him.  lol..  I love him to death and thankful that I can drive up to see him or visa-versa and we can just hang out.  He's got a contagious smile and laugh and his hugs are wonderful.  He's one of the coolest guys I know.  His birthday was on Sunday, so I wracked my brain on a card for him.  It had to be bright and fun just like him.



I recently got the new boy stamps from Sister Stamps release #7.  Did you all see them?  Well if you haven't, you must get over to the Sister Stamps blog to see them, there you will find links to vendors that sell them online.  Out of the three I thought Yoshi would be fun to work with.  I pictured him tumbling, how to do that?  Hmmmm, first I stamped him 3 times and colored him up and then positioned him as if he were doing a cartwheel. Once I was satisfied with his positioning I chose some bg paper.  Thought him tumbling outside would be fun so I used up some scraps of green paper and made grass.  I used scissors to create rolling hills, then I used my finger nail to distress the top so you could see the two levels.  Using two strips of that paper I glued down one strip above the other, the bottom one I used dimension tape and turned it in to a 2-D (yep not enough for a 3-D rating lol) level.  Used my Fiskars small cloud punch and cut out some in white, then Distressed the clouds with Ranger DI in tumbled glass.  I used kraft cs for the main part of the card.  Love using that color, makes the card look really warm. Pretty CAS yea?  This was really fun to make.  Hope he likes it and smiles when he sees it.


Did something really simple on the inside.  Recognize the song?  I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!  From the Pointer Sisters!  Thought that was a fun sentiment to use for the front and inside.


Mahalo for stopping by today and for all your lovely comments through out the week. Really appreciate it!
Happy Aloha Friday!!

Hugs,
Lilo

Supplies:
Kraft cs (Recollections), white cs (Neenah)
Copics:
Hair: 100, N3
Belt: YR68
Top: B02, B04
Pants: N7,N10
Shoes: 100
Skin: E000, 00, 21, R20

16 comments:

glowegal said...

Awww so kawaii! Just saw it on Sister Stamp's FB post! I love him in different stages of his cartwheel and your handwriting is great!! All around adorable!

Tan's Hobbies said...

Aw!!!! This stamp is so cuteeeee. The idea of how you positioned him differently is brilliant. Love it so much. Your coloring is fabulous. Love the inside and outside design card.

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Woo-hoo Leanne. You did a fantastic job with Yoshi doing cartwheel. You're so clever. Have a great day. I better hit the sack. It's past my beddy by time. LOL zzzzzz

Mary J said...

Leanne, this is so much fun!! Brilliant use of that cute guy!!!

Have a lovely weekend sweet friend!

Jazzmom said...

Perfect sentiment for Yoshi... he has so much energy!! Great idea of having him do the cartwheel.

Creations by Shirl said...

What a cute and great card...
Hope you are enjoying your Friday....

Rachel Parys said...

Lol, you're too funny! This is too flippin' cute! What a genius you are lining him up like that for a cartwheel!!!!!!!!! Looks awesome you crazy girl! I need to get my kids to Disneyland soon, they are getting too old, too fast!

Have a great weekend sister!!
xx

Mimi said...

Awesome job! Love that fun loving Yoshi, and sounds like your cousin Chuck is too! Fabulous card layout and perfect sentiment!! Happy Friday! ;D

Shar said...

That is so Cute!!! So cute!!!

eva said...

so cute! such a fun card!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Gorgeous card Leanne! Love the cute little yoshi and I want to go to disneyland now! ;)

Cyndi said...

Super cute and fun card! He will love it! It's funny, I thought about that song before I read it! Have a great weekend!

Cheryl said...

This is so cute!!! Lots of action going on. Your cousin will love it!

Unknown said...

I love this card! IT is so fun!

Colleen said...

Hoe fun... your cousin works at Disneyland. My family and I have probably seen him around the twenty some thing times we have been there using our passes. Which ride does he work at? I am sure that your cousin will love the card that you made for him with the great coloring and with the card full of action. I have not received my order of the new release yet, but I can't wait to receive them.

Unknown said...

Hi Leanne Thank you for your sweet comment, I am feeling a little better today, sat at my computer in my dressing gown., having spent four days in bed, coughing like an old man.
I have missed seeing everyone’s creations and am now up to a bit of commenting…… so here goes.

Your card is fabulous such a happy fun card well done Hugs Elaine