Wednesday, April 25, 2012

FBW #200 - A very special Deconstructed Sketch

Hey everybody!!

As most of you know by now, Danni has decided that today will be the last day of challenges at Flutterby Wednesday.  I wanted to say Mahalo to Danni for being so kind by asking me to be a guest designer and then eventually a team member with this fantastic team of talented ladies who love all things with wings.  It's been such a wonderful experience and working with Danni has been awesome.  I won't be going far from her, she's one of my go-to daily blogs that I visit and we are FB buddies so she's not getting rid of me that easily.  lol..  So for our last Flutterby Challenge #200, we're going out on top with a bang and this amazing Deconstructed Sketch by Jen Shults.  


How cool is that?!  Now we want you all to participate and let's see how many cards we can link up.  Feel free to link up as many as you like just remember to add your butterfly, fairy or angel.  Make sure to head on over to the Flutterby Wednesday blog and hop on over to all the DT's blogs and see what they created for our last challenge.  We are all definitely going out with a bang!  :)

I changed up my card because I was inspired to make two.  For the first card I didn't use a colored image.  Just papers, a chipboard piece and a sentiment.  It's my first Mother's Day card and I love how it turned out.  Hope you do too.  (Sorry I did post this earlier, but changed it up, the butterfly is different.)


The dp is from Heidi Grace and one of my new favorites!!  The butterfly is chipboard from K&Company and the sentiment is from AmyR Stamps, All About Mom.

For the second card I printed out Heartfelt Love Wryn from Tiddly Inks to make a Thank you card.  I used the same Heidi Grace dp & K&Company chipboard butterfly, just flipped it.  I hand wrote the words in the hearts. 


I'm planning to send this second card to Danni as a Thank you for letting me be a part of this really amazing team. 


 Wow, can't believe how fast it came, but it's been a total blast for me.  Thanks to Danni again and I wanted to also say Thank you to the DT for all their support, encouragement and inspirations.  Thank you ladies for your friendship and for making these past months so much fun.  I will definitely be seeing you all in blogland.  Alright, I really hope you get to play with us for the last sketch and challenge for Flutterby Wednesday.  And make sure to leave some love for the DT, they've been so amazing.

Mahalo for stopping by! 

Hugs,
Leanne

Challenges:

Supplies not listed above:
White & Kraft cs (Neenah)
DP Daydream (Heidi Grace Designs)
Butterfly chipboard BW Flora & Fauna Silhouette adhesive (K&Company) 
Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11, R20
Hair: E70, E71, E74
Blue: B21
Pink: RV52
100
E34

24 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Hi Leanne! Beautiful Mother's Day card! You followed the sketch to a "T"! I love that sentiment, too! Hope you're having a great week!

Karen Wilson said...

Hi Leanne!! Both cards are stunning. So sweet of you to make a card for Danni to! That sentiment is one of my fav's - it's beautiful. Was wonderful being on the DT with you and I'll be sure to visit still!

Unknown said...

Wow, how gorgeous! So glad you could join us this week at Tiddly Inks!

Denise @ kc242 said...

Sooooo pretty! Love your Mother's Day card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pixie Cottage!
Denise
PC-DT

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Leanne these are both gorgeous :) Love how you have adapted that gorgeous layout and the colouring is stunning! :)

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow great take on the sketch - just perfecto!.... love both cards cute Mother's day cards too....

Rachel Parys said...

Awww..I'm sure they are going to miss you! Super job!

Fabulous cards!! That butterfly, wow!! And you can never go wrong with a cute little Wryn, what a great thank you card! Great job, as always girl!

Thanks for the love today! Very nervous for my first preview day!

Michelle VP said...

What sweet cards, Leanne - love both of them! That cut out butterfly on your mother's day one is just gorgeous and the hanging hearts on the thank you one is so precious - Danni's going to love it! Such a creative idea. :) I've enjoyed fluttering with you!

Sonia said...

Totally Gorgeous! GReat JOb Leanne!
-Sonh

eva said...

pretty cards, leanne! i especially love that first one with that bold butterfly! i'm gonna miss flutterby wednesdays!

Danni said...

Deep breath, not going to cry, not going to cry.... Thank you for being a part of my team! I am so thankful to have had you on it to flutter with us each week!!
Love both of your cards, so wonderful!! HUGS!!

Nady said...

Très jolie bravo!!!
j'adore les couleurs et ton image est trop cute! bravo!!
hugs my friend!
Nadyne xx

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card Leanne!!! Everything matches so perfect. The second card is so cute too! I like how you stamped all the letters out.

Denice said...

Oh my, how lucky for us that you decided to post not just one, but two gorgeous cards! I really do love the butterfly in the 1st card...very stunning. And Wryn in the second card is A.DOR.A.BLE!!! I always love seeing your handwriting...so pretty!

So sad to see the challenges come to a stop at FBW, but how fun to see all the gorgeous projects you've created and shared with us!

:Dx

Michelle said...

both cards are fantastic! I enjoy seeing your creations and wish you all the best!

Cyndi said...

These are both such fabulous cards! Love the colors and the Wryn image! Great job!

Amanda R said...

These are gorgeous, love the big butterfly and the use of Wryn in the second card with your lettering, really well done. Thanks for playing along with us at Tiddly Inks!

Anna said...

Great cards! Love the Tiddy Ink one! Super sweet! Danni will love it!

Davi said...

Very pretty card with the lovely butterfly~~ Thanks for playing along with us at The Pixie Cottage this week :)

Loopylou. said...

hiyah leanne,
oh wow these are both totally gorgeous, I love the gentle papers on them!
Thankyou so much for popping in and sharing it with us over on the tiddly inks challenge blog
hugs Lou xxx

Tan's Hobbies said...

WOW!! Both cards are stunning, gorgeous and lovely, dear!!

For the 1st card, I love the big butterfly, love the background card and love that sentiment too.

And for the second card, the image is so adorable. Love the coloring, love all those heart shape and love the background card as well.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Love the soft colors so much! The butterfly on the Wryn card is a perfect touch!! Love how you've placed the letters in the hearts too! Fabulous work girly! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks!
Hugs,
M

Larissa said...

Gorgeous cards! I love the sentiment added to the hearts. Thanks for joining us at tiddly inks.

Hugs,
Larissa

Corrinne said...

Both creations are just lovely! The details & colors are so beautiful & shows how DIFFERENT the same layout can be. Wonderful inspiration :)

I'd be thrilled if you joined us at Tuesday Alchemy: http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com!

Lots of joy,
Corrinne