Monday, January 9, 2012

Lollipop Crafts - We're baaack!!

Hehehe, yes, we are back from our holiday vacay and everyone is ready to start off 2012 with a "New" challenge.  We want to thank all the Lollipopers for their wonderful December submissions.  Hoping you are all ready to get back to challenges with us.  For today's challenge (#62) it's everyone's favorite, Anything goes!  The theme is "New."  Create a project using something "new" - new technique, supplies, etc.. or "New" in general - New Year, new baby, etc...  Be sure to head on over to the Lollipop Crafts blog because both Teams are playing today.  You'll also find all the details on the challenge including the prize up for grabs.

For my "new" project I decided to case my fellow DT, Cyndi Kim.  She makes some really cute coaster calendars and I was lucky enough to receive one of them.  I just love how CAS it is.  Some really pretty paper and a cute colored image.  That's it and voila!


She also sent me some extra calendars so I decided this is something new, so why not try it?  It was super easy and these little calendars are awesome gifts, I mean who can say no to something that cute and it's functional.  Everyone needs a calendar right?!  hehehe...

Here's my calendar version using a "new" stamp that I bought from ATS, Gorjuss Girls New Heights.  I did alter her a bit because I wanted it to be a carefree little girl who looks like she's celebrating by dancing on top of the calendar.  Sorta like she's celebrating the new year.  lol...  Well at least that's what my plan was.


It's a bit bigger than the one Cyndi made but still with the same elements.  I used some chipboard as the backing and adhered the dp over the top.  Rounded the corners and added some glass dots to the corners.  I also rounded the corners on the calendar to make it flow.  I paper pieced the main part of her dress and colored the rest with a Copic marker.  The rest of her is also colored with Copics.  I added a punched flower to her hair, it covers the heart barrett underneath it.  Doesn't she look carefree and ready to dance?  hehehe..  Oh yes, I also added her mouth, thought it would look cuter if she was smiling.  hehehe.  Now the only thing that isn't new here are the glass dots.  The dp papers are from Cosmo Cricket's, Clementine that I purchased from ATS, looks like they ran out. 

So let's see, new image, dp, calendar, project, I think this more than qualifies for our challenge.  :)

Here's our calendars side-by-side.  I think I case'd it pretty well, yea?  I forsee myself creating a few more as she gifted me with 4 more calendars.  She's so generous!  Mahalo Cyndi!!  :)


Now it's time to create!  Remember it's anything goes and the theme is "NEW."  We hope you're as excited as we are to be back and ready to take on 2012!


Mahalo for stopping by!!  Have a wonderful day!!
Hugs,
Leanne

Supplies/Copics:


10 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

HI Leanne,
Both calendars and super-duper cute. Have a great week.

Cyndi said...

Aww you did an awesome job with caseing! :) Came out great and I love that you added a mouth to her...I have some of their images and you made her look more happy!

Creations by Shirl said...

Great casing Leanne~
Yep they are surely fun to make just have to let the imagination go with the flow....
Have an awesome week!

Sonia said...

Hello Leanne
I love your beautiful calendars creations, very inpstirational too.
Enjoy your week.
Best Wishes for 2012
-Sony

Danni said...

I love Cyndi's calendars and yours is just too cute too!! Wonderful job!

Unknown said...

Wonderful calendar! Great CASE! I may need to CASE it too! Love it lots!

SuiLan said...

Lovely calendars Leanne! TFS!

Pop's Cards said...

Morning huni these are just gorgeous love the colours too, gorgeous work huggles Pops x

Rachel Parys said...

She is darling! Love all of your alterations, she looks perfect! Great idea, and fun colors. I better get busy!!!!!

Amy said...

Excellent CASE Leanne, both calendars are so cute and useful! I always love getting these as they work perfectly in my crafty space!