Friday, January 13, 2012

Lilo's Fun Friday #14

Happy Aloha Friday everyone and a big WELCOME to my newest friends!! :)  I'm so glad you're here and I hope you enjoy browsing around.  :)  I wanted to say thank you all for your wonderful comments on my last few posts.   I know sometimes it's hard to read through everything, I have the same problem sometimes, so I really appreciate that you are interested in what I write.  :)  I hope you all get a chance to create some candles too, like I mentioned it's super easy and can be addicting, just please give credit to Lydia Bancroft, she really deserves it for sharing her awesome tutorial.  :)

Now I was trying to decide what to do for today's LFF #14 share and since I'm still in candle fun mode I thought I would do another one with one of the Sister Stamps.  :)  Speaking of Sister Stamps, make sure you stop by the Sister Stamps blog to see the amazingly cute Valentine's day previews and you'll also see who the guest designer is.  She's a favorite of mine and she rocks the Sister Stamp images.  You also have a chance to see Debi's amazing previews, she's been busy helping out Jenny on the Sister Stamps blog as well as her own!  She's awesome!  :)  Lastly Jenny is generously giving away the new releases to some lucky commenters, so head on over here to check out the rules and sign up.

Alrighty, since Valentine's Day is coming up I decided to try my hand at my first Valentine's Day project.  I was fortunte to receive a very awesome set of water colored pencils (special delivery from Switzerland) for Christmas.  Big thanks to Renate, Zach, The Winters (Renate's parents who brought them back from Switzerland), Darnell, Kat & Char!  So now that I had my coloring medium I had to choose a stamp.  I picked Yoko because she had the best accessory with her fishing pole.  How fun would it be to wipe away the crane she usually comes with and add a heart to the end?  Pretty cute. 


Here's the heart I added by wiping away the crane :)
It turned out a little bit lighter than I expected but still cute!  I don't know if you can tell, but I did use a Copic marker here.  After I finished heat setting her, I didn't like how her hair turned out so I experimented with coloring with a Copic marker on wax.  It turned out a lot better and now you and I both know that you CAN color on wax with Copic markers.  Although I wouldn't try to do it like you would on paper, the ink might transfer from one marker to another especially if you are using a light and dark combo.  I think I'll experiment with coloring with markers next.   I kept the back blank in case I wanted to either add another image or sentiment, so I just decorated the bottom with a really pretty pp (Brambleberry blossoms - Imaginisce) and some white rafia.

See the  glass stand the candle is on?  Well I got it for a $1 at the Dollar Tree!  Score!  It makes a really nice stand and when turned over it would probably make a really nice bowl.  Alrighty, I'm gonna finish up a card I am making for the Tiddly Inks blog hop tomorrow.  If you have time, here are the details, it should be a lot of fun!  Have a good evening and if you made any candles please leave me a comment and link to your direct post.

Mahalo for stopping by! Have a fantastic Friday!

Hugs,
Lilo

Supplies not listed above:
Copic marker: 100
Memento Tuxedo black ink
White tissue paper
Candle (Joann's)

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Love how you changed the crane to a heart! Thanks for the Release #5 shout out! Love the candles- you are so creative.

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Woo-hoo Leanne. More super awesome candles. You're a pro.

Creations by Shirl said...

Oooh you are making it so tempting to go out and buy those candles.... I know for a fact I got try it out...... very pretty!

SuiLan said...

Aww that's so clever how you changed the crane to a heart! I love getting ideas from you! Beautiful work on this candle!

Nadine said...

Another fabulous candle! Love how you've made them useful for so many occasions. Thanks for the shout-out and your sweet comments. I love coming to your blog for inspiration!!

Mimi said...

so sweet Leanne!! love how you added the heart! Nice colors too!! Have a fabulous day and weekend! ;)

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Cuuuute! You do wonders with these sweet little girls! Loving the pink too!
Happy TGIF!
hugs, margie

Cyndi said...

Very creative candle! You've inspired me to try it one day!! Love the altered image.