Friday, January 6, 2012

Lilo's Fun Friday (#13) with Wryn

Happy Friday everyone!!   Well we made it through the first week of 2012.  How did it go for you?  Boy this was a tough week.  With our having to close the books at work for the year everyone was on edge and a bit irritable.  Me included and boy did I feel bad.  The only thing that kept me on an even keel was this fun little "hobby" we all enjoy.  So thankful to have an outlet to release some steam. (lol)
Looking forward to the weekend and playing with some old and new stuff and maybe a trip to Disneyland can be worked in.  We shall see.

Have you seen the new Wryn & Friends images over at Tiddly Inks?  I couldn't help myself, I just had to grab a few of them.  You'll have to read the story behind Christy's new line.  It's so cute and shows that inspiration is found everywhere.  Super cute and adorable.  I've already seen a bunch of cards with her throughout blogland as well as on the Tiddly Inks blog and boy is everyone creating some really fun and inspirational projects.  I couldn't wait to print mine and color one up.  So for today's Lilo's Fun Friday #13 for 2012, I wanted to share this card I made using Wryn - Grow a little love.  

Image: Wryn - Grow a little love
Sentiment AmyR Magical wishes
Fun image to color and I'm so happy with how the card itself turned out.  I colored her with Copics and tried my hand at giving her dress a bit of movement.  As you can see it's back to the coloring board for me, but it's a fine.  Practice, practice, practice yea?  Used vintage photo distress ink, I distressed most of this card.  The rectangle, scalloped rectangle, circles & heart circle are all from Spellbinders.   The dp is from the Circa 1934 mini deck by Cosmo Cricket.  This Wryn image comes with a fun sentiment to match, I added it to the inside of the card.


I'm thinking this can be used for any occasion.  Thinking about sending this to my Secret Sister for January if the other card I started for her doesn't pan out.  I hope to link up to the following challenges:
  • Tiddly Inks - New celebration, create a card for a celebration
  • Mad 4 Markers - New color combination (Red & brown) 


Alrighty, hoping you all have a fantastic Friday and a gr8 weekend.  I'm hoping to get more images colored and hopefully on to some cards.  Need some for my stash at work.  Seems like everyone is going to need cards this year.  Yay for me.  hahaha!  Mahalo for stopping by! ;)

Hugs,
Lilo

Copics used:

21 comments:

Jenny said...

Ooooh! I love this image and the card you have made is gorgeous. I love the colours you have used. Fabulous!

Joey said...

Leanne this is stunning! your colouring is amazing, Love what you have done with Wryn, thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks. Joey x

Arabella said...

This card is just fabulous Leanne! Your colouring is stunning and I love all that distressing! Wonderful!

Thank you for joining in the Celebration challenge at Tiddly Inks!

Arabella

Creations by Shirl said...

Pretty color / combo Leanne, you know I was contemplating on her hair colour my first was to do it in black then I said nay I'll just leave her on the blondie/brownish. But looking at yours the black is just stunning too... I think I will do another one with black hair, (he,he).
Have an awesome Friday!

Nady said...

Ta carte est superbe, j'Adore les couleurs! bravo!
hugs
Nadyne xx

SuiLan said...

I love the way you colored her hair! It's stunning! And the red/brown combo is right on!
Happy Aloha Friday!

Linda said...

Super cute! perfect valentines theme

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

Sensational layout, I love the half heart scallop. Wonderful job, I think your colouring is fab, the hair in particular.

Hope you are able to fit Disney into your upcoming plans. Would be a shame to miss it - I've never been, but my kids are at me about it on a regular basis.

Thanks for joining the Tiddly Inks - Celebration Challenge and good luck!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hi Leanne,
Glad you survived the 1st week at work. LOVE this card. Oh, such a sweet image and I love the sentiment too. Simply adorable. Enjoy your much deserved weekend...crafting. :-)

Danni said...

Sorry your week was tough but sounds like fun things are in store for the weekend! if you go to Disney, say hello to Tink for me! :)
LOVE this card! Seriously this is just out of this world stunning!!
You rock!

Larissa said...

Great card Leanne! Your colouring is so fabulous! That black hair is really amazing. Love the hearts circle on your card. Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly inks challenge.

Hugs,
Larissa

Kate said...

Too Cute. Can't wait to color that image.

Hugs,
Kate

Sammi said...

Gorgeous work Leanne! LOVE this image and BEAUTIFUL colouing!!
Sammi

ccroll said...

LOVE this!! :) The colors are nice and rich and there is loveliness all over! :)

Craftyanita said...

Beautiful Card and lovely colour combo!!

Loopylou. said...

Oh wow!! this card is just awesome, i love that dp and the black hair on your wryn looks fabulous.
Thankyou for coming to play with the tiddly inkers
hugs Lou xxx

Dotty Jo said...

Totally gorgeous! Jo x

Cyndi said...

Super cute! Love that new image you got and the color combo!

Unknown said...

Oh, I love this! Your card is just fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at tiddly Inks!

Amanda R said...

Love your card and great highlights in her hair, it looks amazing! Thanks for joining in this week at Tiddly Inks!

Vicki Fraser said...

Oh my - your colouring is amazing, her hair looks real!