Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Flutter By Wednesday #187


Happy hump day everyone!!
I'm so excited, tomorrow night, Renate and I are packing up her truck and trekking down to Anaheim.  For vacay?  Nope, we're going to CHA!!  Yeppers, this will be our 3rd time at CHA with the awesome duo of La-La Land Crafts, Eric & Irina.  If you are going to be at CHA I hope you can stop by our booth (#1780) and say hi.  I am looking forward to greeting some old friends, meeting new people and hopefully getting to put some faces to some of you who will be attending.  I'll try to post pictures as often as I can.  But don't be surprised if I'm MIA for several days.  I'm pre-posting so I don't miss any DT deadlines, but commenting will have to be put on hold.  Sorry in advance!  :)

Okie dokie, now back to our regularly scheduled program...  This week's challenge over at the Flutter By Wednesday blog is all about EMBOSSING.  Use any sort of embossing technique on your card/project along with your butterfly, fairy, or angel.  Once you are done creating head on over to the FBW blog and directly link up your photo to challenge #187 using the Inlinks button at the bottom of the post.  For more fluttery inspiration please visit the talented FBW ladies by visiting the Flutter By Wednesday blog.



For my card I used Yoshimi, the newest addition to the Sister Stamps line.  I went pretty CAS even tho there's a lot of color going on.  I colored her with Copics, but also paper pieced her kimono and hair ribbon.  The origami paper (Aitoh) has a really pretty butterfly and sakura pattern.  I dry embossed the white cs using a cherry blossom branch embossing folder (Cuttlebug).  I added a MS butterfly and also some pearls which I colored blue.  The sentiment is from TGF (OA-Happy Day)  
Yoshimi
Alrighty friends, hope you can play along with us this week.  Remember to use the emboss technique on your project/card and don't forget to add a butterfly, angel or fairy.  Mahalo for stopping by!  Have a terrific Wednesday and happy fluttering!

Hugs,
Leanne

Supplies not listed above:
Red cs (Bazzil), Black & white cs (Recollections), blue shimmer paper (DCWV- Linen closet cs matstack), cream pearl pen.

 

26 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ohhh, how sweet. The DP is so colorful. What a cheerful and happy card. Have fun at CHA.

Amanda R said...

Leanne this is gorgeous! Love the papers, very oriental looking and all of the layers, simple but really packs a punch. Have a great time at CHA!

Creations by Shirl said...

Awesome card Leanne~
I really like her this way, her paper piece outfit is just pretty ties in perfectly with the matching dp too.
Great bg embossing!
Well have fun at the CHA, shop til you drop and bring back plenty goodies too...

Rachel Parys said...

I love your flower patterned paper! I don't typically go for flowered, but that is really pretty! Cute card!(as always ;))

Nady said...

Ta carte est superbe!
Je te souhaite un excellent CHA, je vais penser à toi ;)
hugs
Nadyne xx

Mimi said...

Beautiful card Leanne! Love the pretty washi papers and great layout! Yoshimi looks fantastic in her paper-pieced kimono! Lucky you... going to CHA again... have a fab time!! ;D

Sharon said...

Oh my ... such a cute card. I look forward to possibly meeting you at CHA. Have a great show.

Mary J said...

Oh Leanne, I just adore your sweet little butterfly! And love your sweet image with those perfectly matching papers!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just adorable!

Lynette said...

She's very cute and I like the way you have paper-pieced her kimono. Fabulous card!

Amy said...

This is so cute Leanne, I love the papers with her...so perfect and happy! Awesome paperpiecing and coloring, this is another fantabulous card!
Have fun at CHA, I'm so sad it didn't work for me to go! :(

Anna said...

Super cute! Have fun at CHA!

Danni said...

LOVE this! Those papers are so pretty and just perfect for this sweet image!! ohh, this is so cute!!

Michelle VP said...

gorgeous! Love the papers and layout. :)

Michelle said...

oh have a great time at CHA - totally jealous :D

Your card is super cute - that background paper is adorable.

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, this is fabulous as always hugs Pops x x x

Denice said...

So adorable, love the papers you used...just perfect! I'm going to be the proud owner of a couple of the Sister Stamps in just a few days, WooHoo...my order should be her soon!
Thnx for letting me know about FBW, I'm now a follower...what a fun challenge blog!
Have fun at CHA, looking forward to seeing all the pix!
:Dxx

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Leanne!!! I'm excited to know that you are going to CHA and I will definitely be stopping by the booth so shout me out if you see me!!!
Hugs,
M

Unknown said...

How pretty! I just got my stamps today yay!! Can't wait to use her! Thanks for the inspiration!

Linda said...

Love the color choices! It's so refreshing!

Karen Wilson said...

What a darling image!! She's beautiful and so is your card!!

Karen - FBW DT

Shar said...

Have Fun Fun Fun!!!! I wish I was there!! One of these years I will be able to go to CHA
Have fun let me know all the scoops on the new stuff, great deals and fun giveaways!!!!
love you
Maine

Kristie W. said...

Have a great time at CHA! The image on your card is adorable and I love that pretty paper!

donna mikasa said...

Super sweet, Leanne! I love the papers you used with Yoshimi! Have fun at CHA!

Sonia said...

I love your images.. this one is so pretty. Leanne you did a fabby creation.
-Sony
http://sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

Harriet Skelly said...

This is adorable and I love that dp you used! I hope you are having fun at CHA!!