Thursday, January 5, 2012

Yoko

Thank you everyone for your wonderful messages from yesterday's FBW blog hop.  I am really excited to be on the FBW team and I hope you all get a chance to play in this week's challenge.  :)

Today I wanted to share one of my finished Thank you cards featuring one of the Sister Stamps images.  This card features Yoko.  She was so much fun to color and I had fun paper piecing her kimono and bow.  If you can believe it, this is a one-layered card!  Well it's mostly a one-layered card.  (hehe)  Tried making something different this time.


I know I need tons more work on the dots around her, but for now I'm ok with how it turned out.  Baby steps for me.  The colors on her hair were fun too.   I wish I could remember what they were.  I actually finished this card a few months back.   I used different levels of sakura punches for the flowers on the other side to balance it out.  The origami paper was purchased from Hanko Designs and one of my favorites.  The sentiment is from a retired sentiment set from The Greeting Farm.

Yoko from Sister Stamps
Mahalo for stopping by today and if you have some time, stop by tomorrow for my Fun Friday post.  Happy Thursday!

Hugs,
Leanne 

14 comments:

cabio's craft corner said...

Cute and sweet card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

SuiLan said...

Cute card and I love how you colored her hair! You'll do great with FBW... Congrats!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hi Leanne,
Super cute!!! Yoko looks like a pretty "happa" girl. :-) Love your paper piecing. I gotta try that one day.

glowegal said...

Adorable!! I love her as a blonde. :) You've got a new follower, can't wait so see what you do next!

Creations by Shirl said...

Great color / combo and I do envy her paper piece kimono..... and those sakura flowers are pretty too!
Have an awesome Thursday~

Nady said...

Ta carte est très jolie, bravo!
hugs
Nadyne xx

p.s. je ne vais pas au CHA cette année, dommage j'aurai aimé te revoir... une prochaine fois qui sait! bon CHA.

Mimi said...

awww... so very pretty Leanne! the kimono is gorgeous and her hair too!! have a fabulous day! ;)

Kate said...

Very Pretty.

Hugs,
Kate

Shar said...

I always love your cards! Happy new year!
Love you,
Maine

Mary J said...

Hello Leanne! This is so so so pretty! Your paper piecing is amazing and just impressed by the use of white space!

Danni said...

Oh I like her with blonde hair, so pretty!

Amy said...

This is gorgeous Leanne! Love the colors and Yoko is so cute...love the shadowing around her too! Totally beautiful card!

Cely said...

very very cute! i love her hair color! now if only i can get that on the top of my head...

Cyndi said...

so beautiful! love your coloring and the layout!