Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Flutter By Wednesday #185

Hello!
How's everyone doing this week?  It's been a good start to the week so I'm looking forward to the rest of it.  I did get to Disneyland on Sunday and it was fun.  Not so crowded, which is always a plus.  I'll post the 3 pictures I took at the end. 

Before I get to today's post, I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for all your lovely comments on my debut post last week as a new member of the Flutter By Wednesday team.  I really appreciate all your wonderful comments and look forward to fluttering with you all.  ;)  Now let's get to today's challenge at Flutter By Wednesday.  Today we are shaking off the winter blahs and playing with some nice bright colors!  For more details about this week's challenge head on over to the FBW blog.

I chose to do another quick mini calendar.  These are getting to be a fun/favorite of mine.  I chose a fun background with browns and hints of orange & blues.  This time I used a chipboard coaster, courtesy of my LP teammate Cyndi Kim, to create this calendar and used Fairwee Jilly from Sweet November



She's as bright as bright can be!  hahaha!  I tried a different skin tone this time and I think she doesn't look too bad.  With the brightness of her orange dress and her turqoise shoes, she's ready to start off the New Year with pizzazz.  I'm gifting her to my mom's co-worker as a Thank you for always being so nice even when she's having a bad day.  :)

If you're ready to play along with us at Flutter By Wednesday make sure you play by the rules:
  • your entry must have a butterfly, fairy or angel on it 
  • when we have a sponsor--like this week- only ONE entry per person.  Danni will remove all extra entries before she chooses a winner.
  • Please leave a direct link to your creation post vs. a link to just your blog, unfortunately those will be removed.
Here are the three pictures I remembered to take while leaving Disneyland.  Sorry I was pretty far away so the first two are pretty blurry.  This was the last day of the Christmas decor.

Sleeping Beauty's Castle all lit up.  My picture does not do it justice.

The Christmas tree at the entrance to Main Street

This was in a window in Downtown Disney.  Had to take a picture of it!

Here's a couple bonus pictures from my trip on Dec. 17:
Decorations at Small World

Pretty Wreath on the tower at Small World

My cousins in front of Small World


Small World at night, all lit up and so pretty!!

It's so pretty during Christmas.  I wish I had remembered to take more pictures! I missed the Haunted Mansion.  It's a pretty cool sight.  The theme is A Nightmare before Christmas based on the Tim Burton book and movie.  Maybe I'll remember later this year.


Fairwee Jilly

Alrighty, time to show off your bright colored creations and remember to use a butterfly, fairy or angel.  Mahalo for stopping by!  Have a fairy bright day!!

Hugs,
Leanne

Supplies:
Copics:
Vintage photo Distress ink

16 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, this is really gorgeous, hugs Pops x

Amanda R said...

I keep meaning to get some of those fairies and now I think I will, a calender is an awesome idea!

Creations by Shirl said...

Another cutie calendar..... great colours.....
Looks like you had fun fun at Disney World... lucky bugga you!

Lynette said...

Cute calendar! I'm sure your mom's co-worker will love it. Thanks for sharing your pictures, too - looks like fun!

Nady said...

Très jolie ton calendrier! bravo!
hugs
Nadyne xx

Harriet Skelly said...

Very cute calendar! Loved your pics of Disneyland!!

Mimi said...

Awesome coloring Leanne! it's so hard to do darker skin... you did a great job!! and love these calendars too!
Great photos of Disneyland... only went once with the holiday decorations... gotta go back again! ;)

Danni said...

Yup, you're hooked on the calendars! :) Super cute and love how you colored Fairwee Jilly! Super sweet!
Disney looks so fun and pretty!

Sugar Cards said...

LEANNE!!!
you won @ TGF!!! CONGRATS GIRL!!! =)

Cami said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, LEANNE! Love this coaster calendar with your sweet little girl all colored up so nicely! Love those pics of Disneyland you took! Haven't been there in centuries (so you know how old I am!) and it looks like you all had lots of fun!
Hugs,
Cami

Michelle said...

I need to make some calendars - thanks for the inspiration! Great job with the bright colors challenge. love seeing the Disneyland photos, too! TFS!

Michelle VP said...

Sweet idea to make a calendar! And I love her bright orange dress and turquoise shoes together. :)

Anna said...

Super cute card! Love all the photos of Disney Land. Looks like they did some great decorations!

Suzanne Bier said...

Adorable calendar! I'm sure your co-worker will love it! Great pics of Disneyland, too! We went this summer and had a blast! :)

Karen Wilson said...

I think her skin tone is perfect! What a cutie pie and love your creativity this week!

Great shots!! We were there in 2007 (Oct) and I look fwd to going back!

SuiLan said...

Lucky you get to visit the happiest place on earth often! No wonder your always so creative, lol! Great job on the calendar!