Wednesday, February 17, 2010

WCW paper piecing

Today's WCW challenge at TGF's CA&F is submitted by Pam. Her challenge is to use paper piecing in the project. Check out her sample on the Club Anya & Friends blog: http://clubanya.blogspot.com/2010/02/wcw-and-little-paper-piecing.html
Here is what I came up with:

I used Angel Anya without the halo. Using brown cs as the card, I layered blue (blind date) bazzil paper which I embossed with the swirls embossing folder (cuttlebug). I used two different dp from me&my big ideas modern milan paper pad. I paper pieced in the orange and white the bow and the dress, I used the same dp (which is framed by the same brown cardstock) for the framing of Anya. Using the yellow/orange/baby blue designed paper I paper pieced her wings and used a 2" strip of the same for the horizontal border. I wrapped a baby blue chiffon ribbon around the center and adhered Anya to the center of the card with mounting tape. For the Sentiment I used the same yellow/orange/baby blue paper and stamped, "Wishing you..." in brown. The DP were actually scraps I had left over from another card. I used Copics to color her hair face and touch of blush and eyeshadow..
This was a fun card to make and I really love the result.. Thanks for looking! =)

No comments: