Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tuesday Catch up


Hi, I'm back to update with some Valentine's Day cards I made.. But first off I missed submitting my card for last week's CA&F WCW challenge: Kim's Redwork. "The real inspiration is the red and white combo, the clean and simple effect this creates..." Check out the TGF CA&F blog for her amazing samples.. (http://clubanya.blogspot.com/2010/02/wild-card-wednesday-redwork-inspired.html).
It didn't qualify for the WCW challenge, but I wanted to make a card using the red & white theme. I absolutely love how it turned out. I heat set clear embossing powder to her clothing and shoes, but kept everything else simple. Used a white card and added a red & white polka dot paper to frame out the images. Incorporated some left over red & white scrap paper (2x2.5)for the "base" around Grace (TGF stamp) and embossed all 4 pieces with 4 different cuttlebug images (swirls, small polka dots, argyle & hearts.) I used Copic R59, cardinal to color in her clothes and shoes.. I outlined some parts with a white Sakura gel pen, including adding white shoe laces. Can you tell? I framed the main image of Grace with 2 white & 2 red photo corners using a red Sakura gel pen to add in polka dots to the white corners. Lastly I added a red with white piping ribbon to her head, cutting slits on the outer sides of her hair and tucking them in. She looks so cute!
I love the image it created. This was fun and I think I will incorporate more REDWORK into more projects. Thanks for looking..

No comments: