Saturday, February 27, 2010

Easter Fun

Morning and Happy Saturday!
Hope you are all having a great morning.. I'm getting ready to head out in the rain to Michael's to buy some wooden letters for a project.. Hope I don't spend too much $$ or get distracted from my goal with other fun crafty stuff. :/
Wanted to share the card I just finished before I'm off to run errands...
Just got Easter Anya in the mail last week and have been wanting to ink her up, so here's what I ended up with:


I was cleaning up my crafts supplies at work (yes I have a craft supply box at work who doesn't?;]) and found some paper I could use for Easter or spring cards.. I grabbed this stripey "Spring" colored one and paired it with a turqouise cardstock. I dry embossed the turquoise cs and added some white butterflies. Added a dark pink ribbon and punched out some grass on the bottom, sponging the lower grass to make it contrast from the upper grass.

For the main focus, I stamped Easter Anya and cut her out in an oval shape, Easter theme here, and then colored her up with dark pinks, light pinks and brown for her hair.. I wet embossed her bunny ears, hairband, shoes, eggs and the basket. I love the glossy look on the basket and eggs.. Hopefully you can see it too. I was trying to create a subtle shadow around her but messed up. Trying to salvage it, ended up coloring in the whole oval, I actually like the end result.. A fun bright card..
Thanks for stopping by, I'm off to Michael's for some supplies.. Hope you have a wonderful Saturday.. Aloha!
Supplies:
Stamp: Easter Anya (TGF)
Inks/Markers: Memento Black Tuxedo ink (Tsukineko); Wild Wasabi (S/U); B000, B00, R20,B04, E11, R85, YG17 (Copics); white gel pen (Sakura); Versamark pen
Embossing supplies: clear powder; Elegant bouquet embossing folder (S/U)
Paper: White card; Glitz (turquoise cs reverse side-Bazzil), white cs, Easter striped dp (DCWV-old paper pad), petty cash (grass-Bazzil)
Punches: Martha Stewart (3 butterflies and grass); small oval punch (S/U), large oval (Nestabilities)

4 comments:

Angela said...

Leanne, I am so glad you are back to creating!! I came to leave you some love and noticed you have posted a whole lot more this week!! Girl you have been busy!! I love this Easter Anya!! I forgot to order her in my last order!! Love the grass and the butterflies!! Oh and all the glitter you have added!!!
Hope you have a great weekend!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Amy said...

This card has got me longing for some bright, sunshiny spring days, that's for sure! LOVE how you've colored up Easter Anya and the papers you used are perfect!
Have fun at Michael's... I wish I had one close by to check out now and then, though it's probably a good thing for my pocket book that I don't, LOL! ;)

Danni said...

Very cute!! Wonderful job! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Kim Costello said...

oooh she is adorable Leanne I love the shape and the colours are gorgeous! Thanks for your lovely comments, HuGs Kim :)