Monday, February 15, 2010

Rachel's Challenge


Hello and Happy President's Day!
TGF's CA&F was hosting another great challenge this time for Monday Mania issued by Rachel (http://papercraftingplace.blogspot.com). Her challenge was to create a Valentine's Day card or project without using PINK or RED! Now as we all know those are the trademark colors for Valentine's Day.. Well I loved the challenge and had this simple card in mind.. Using my new embossing folder just added that extra special "Valentine's day" theme to the card. I'm really happy and very surprised to say Rachel chose my sweet card as the winner.. Thanks again Rachel!
Well hoping your day is fabulous!
Hugs,
Leanne
Supplies:
Ruby WS stamp from TGF
White card
Green leaf paper embossed with hearts (embossing folder from Cuttlebug)
Top note die cut (from Stampin Up) stamped with hearts roller in Wild Wasabi(S/U) and small random hearts (Stampin Up) colored with orange and yellow (colorbox ink)
Punches: Funky hearts (Fiskars) large (orange cardstock) and small (yellow cardstock)
Hand wrote sentiment I "heart" U with a glittery green gell pen (Sakura)
Colored with Copics and diamond glazed Ruby's hair bauble.

2 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

Not a problem at all, I loved your card! I think it's wonderful b/c it's bright and cheery but you can still totally tell it's a Valentine's/love card. Just what I was looking for! :0)
~Rach

Angela said...

Congrats Leanne!!! I'm so happy for you!!! THis card is so cute!!! I love this!!
Hugs:)
Angela