Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Doraemon Thank you card

Hello!

I'm taking a break from sharing calendars to share a card which has a bit of Copic coloring, but it's mostly a bunch of dies to re-create this picture.


Here is my card version which I made for one of my co-workers who is leaving us at the end of the week...  It's a sad Doraemon (the blue cat)!
  1. Doraemon (ドラえもん) is a Japanese manga and anime series. It was written by Fujiko F. Fujio. It was started in a children's magazine in 1969. Doraemon is the name of a robot cat that came from the future to help a boy named Nobita Nobi.


I used my Martha Stewart circle tool to create the head and the white part of his face.  The rest were a few MFT dies and I also used my straight edge trimmer for the whiskers  In the picture it shows Doraemon crying so using BG70 and some glossy accents I made him cry!  hahaha!  The rest came together pretty quickly.  I used the thank you sentiment die from Heidi Swapp, but I wish I had something else like will miss you.  Well the thank you seemed to work.  For the inside I went with some cute Pandas.


These are the pandas from Kitty Bee Designs.  I did printed a bunch of them in different sizes and flipped the top ones so they would be waving with their left hands.  For this panel I used BG32 to write Many thanks inside all the pandas tummies.  It was matted with red cardstock.


Here is a coloring page I found on the internet.  I colored him up, fun-cut him out and glued him to the back of the card.  I'm planning to give this to her today from the team.  I'm thinking she's going to be very surprised, she has no clue this is coming.  Yay!!  Well I think I'll stop here and wish you all a very happy day.  Take care and thanks for stopping by! 

1 comment:

Denice said...

Such a sweet thank-you card...love those panda tummies, lol!