Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A day at the beach

Hello!!

Today I've actually got a card to share!  hahaha!  I made this long card awhile ago but I just recently got it back and now I'd like to share it with you all.  I hope it makes you smile and think of fun times at the beach building sandcastles with your brother(s) and sister(s)...


The night before the last Carson RS show I received the new summer keiki stamps from Sister Stamps newest release, thanks for the fast service Norm!.  I was beyond excited to get them.  So much so that I stayed up into the wee hours of the night to make this card.  It features 4 of the 7 stamps that depicts a fun time at the beach. I was inspired by Jenny's card here.  From left to right: Halia, Kaumaka, Sandcastle & Aulii.  I decided to do a panel of Polaroid pictures with each image having their own spotlight but looking like they are right next to each other.  All colored with Copics.  The sentiment is from an older TGF stamp set that is retired.  I also added the wooden starfish and sand dollar.  They add a nice touch to the beach scene I was trying to create.  They also help cover up mistakes!  hahaha!  Here are some close ups of each picture.  First up is the adorable Halia.

Halia - Sister Stamps 

Isn't she sweet?  I love the wooden starfish, it adds that something special without being overwhelming.  Next up is Kaumaka and the Sandcastle.

Kaumaka - Sister Stamps

This makes me smile, because all you see is joy on Kaumaka's face as he's building his sandcastle.  I masked Kaumaka and using my Misti I stamped the sandcastle in the spot just slightly behind him. Again adding the wooden sand dollar was just a fun touch and it's also covering a boo-boo.  On the last panel is the sweet Aulii..

Aulii - Sister Stamps

Here's another angle of the sand dollar.  Love it!  I kept the coloring the same for all the kids, sand and sky.  The orange and white Aloha print is leftover from a project, so don't know the brand name.  The base of the card is a length wise piece of white cardstock.  I think I have one more project to share from this release and it's another postcard featuring Hiilei.  I'll save that one for next time.  Thanks so much for stopping by!! 

6 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

Love, love, love this!!! Epitome of Summer!! They are so stinkin' cute!! Great card!

She's a Color Queen said...

Oh goodness, these are simply adorable!!!

Lynn said...

Mmmm-m-m I love this card...it's deliciously cute! I do remember those small kid times at the beach...all that sand (in the car!) and skin peeling sunburn (who knew it was cancerous?). I think you did an excellent job with the images. I am currently working with those images and will post my card eventually (maybe before the end of summer???!!!).

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh my this is sooooo very cute!!! Love those cuties!!!

Denice said...

OMGoodness...this is so sweet! Such adorble kiddos enjoying the last couple days of summer before school! Such a great card!

truddabellz said...

Extremely super cuteness!! Love the card! Kids are adorable!!