Friday, August 7, 2015

Aloha Friday Challenge #53 Mid-Inspiration

Hello!!

Today I'm jumping in with the Kitties over at the Aloha Friday Challenge blog with Kitty Bee Designs for a mid-inspiration share.  The current challenge is a fun one; hope you've already posted your projects, if not you still have until next Friday to do so.  Here are the challenge details:

Create a project featuring an ocean or water animal
SPONSOR: 2 CUTE INK
7/31/15 - 8/14/15

For more details on the prize click on over HERE.  While you're there check out all the fun projects the Kitties designed.  Here's my card for the challenge:


Both sentiments are from an older summer AmyR by CC Designs stamp set.  I stamped one on some vellum and the other straight on to the card.  They are both heat embossed.  The stencil for the background is from Hero Arts and I picked 3 colors of Distress Ink as my color palette.  That wooden laser cut sand dollar was part of a haul I picked up at the Carson RSC at the From Cover 2 Cover booth.  They had a ton of other cool wooden accents that I picked up, wish I had gone here first to pick up some others.  But I'm glad I found these.  They are really cool.  Here's the rest of the card:


A sweet underwater scene featuring Stingray Kids.  This image is from 2 Cute Ink and I purchased it a few months ago, maybe longer?  I thought it was adorable when I first saw it.  I actually colored around the same time I bought it.  It's been sitting in my colored pile waiting for a home.  I think this is a fun display of that.  Now that I look at this I wish I had flipped the orange to the bottom and the blue to the top.  Oh well, you learn and then try it differently next time. 

Stingray Kids (2 Cute Ink)

Here's a close up of the inside.  What you probably can't see is all the glitter inside, yes there is a piece of acetate, I poured in a little silk microfine glitter from Elizabeth Crafts.  Whoever receives this card will get to see all the sparkle.  Well thanks for letting me ramble on about what should have been a simple project.  hahaha!  Don't forget you have until next Friday to link up with us.  Don't forget!!  Mahalo for stopping by, have a wonderful weekend!!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

That's a really cool technique you did with the vellum and window. I had to do a double take. I love the sting ray images and the background design.

Rachel Parys said...

This makes my heart pitter-patter!!! What a cute idea!! Love it!

Denice said...

Sooooo cute! Great idea and sweet starfish embellie!