Thursday, April 23, 2015

A bookmark for Grandma

Hello!

Today I wanted to share the fun bookmark I made for my Grandma's birthday.  She loves to sew and read so I decided to make her a sewing themed little gift to go with some of her favorite authored books.


First off I used some beautiful dies from La-La Land Crafts.  The February Club Kit was a sewing theme.  So many gorgeous dies and other lovely pretty things came with the kit.  I haven't had a chance to play with everything except the dies and one of the sentiment stamps, but I'll make some time to put all the projects together soon.  Below is a close up on the detailed filigree scissors, and the measuring tape ribbon I used.


I also used a stitched border die from MFT to keep the theme going all the way through.  I found a baby button brad and it worked perfectly on the scissors.  I bet your wondering if the scissors close, well take a look...


They do!  hahaha!  Well I guess as long and you don't tighten the brad too much or glue it down you should be able to open and close them.  So cute!  You also receive a buttons border die and some separate buttons.  As you can see I used them on the side of the bookmark and on the washi cut banner.  That sentiment also comes with the kit.  I sew love this set (pun intended hahaha).


Grandmother really liked it and she said she'll use it as she's reading all the books we sent to her.  I am so happy!!  If you're interested in how the kit club works click HERE.  There are so many options to choose from and you don't have to wait to get them in a year!  So handy and so darn cute!!  Okie dokes, this is as good a time as any to say... Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.  I'll have an Aloha Friday challenge post tomorrow, hope you'll stop by to see what it is and then join our challenge.  Ta-ta for now!!

4 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hi Leanne! You did an awesome job creating this perfect themed tag for your grandma. Oh wow, the scissors opens and closes too? How cool is that? Have a super day.

eva said...

wow, what a thoughtful grand daughter you are! i love that the scissors close, how totally clever!

Denice said...

I love how many different products you used from the kit, such cool dies....especially the moving scissors! A wonderful tag, glad to hear your Grandmother loved it! Happy day dear friend!

Rachel Parys said...

This is perfect for her!!! So gorgeous with the glitter cardstock!! Great idea!