Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Yay it's your birthday!

Hello!

Hope everyone is doing well.  Today I thought I'd share a birthday card.  FYI, I made this card last year and somehow it missed getting posted.  Well better late than never right?!  :)

Victoria's Night out

Please bear with me as I try to remember what I used here.  It features Victoria from Stamping Bella's Victoria & Juliette's night out stamp.  If you remember I used Juliette on a previous card, click here for more details.  If you remember, or not, this stamp actually has both girls with their arms intertwined, like drinking buddies.  Well as with the other stamped image I inked up all of Victoria and wiped away as much as I could of Juliette.  Once stamped I used Copics to color her in.  Going for a night out theme I used silver colors with white, black and pink accents.  I also chose more glitter papers to use.  They add a little extra something to the card, without having to add too much more detail.  Since it was a night out theme I used the MFT Skyline border dies for a fun border.


Here is a close up of the bottom of the card.  As you can see I used a lot of the glitter paper.  I bought several stacks when they were on sale at Joann's.  What I love about this paper is that it's smooth to the touch.  See the sentiment from AmyR?  I stamped it on acetate.  I was looking for vellum, but couldn't find any in my stash so I decided to try acetate/transparency paper.  Instead of using Memento ink I used Staz-on.  It was perfect!!  I used a spray on adhesive to tack it down and love how clean it looks, no glue marks in sight and I didn't have to add any embellishments to hide those "marks"!  YAY!  I will definitely be experimenting more with Staz-on and acetate/transparency paper.


Well that's all for today.  Thanks a lot for stopping by!

4 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

What a great bday card!!! She is super cute, and I love that glitter paper!! Glad you found this oldie-but-goodie to show us!!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

What a cool card and a great way to use the skyline border die. Have a super weekend Leanne.

eva said...

oh i like that she has a smile! cute! i love all that smooth glittery paper and the sentiment on acetate! very cool!

Denice said...

Super cute....I love all the sparkle and shine! The image is perfect for a birthday celebration...everything goes well with wine!