Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Sweet Little Surprise

Hey everyone, if you're here for my La-La Land blog post please scroll down. Thanks! :)


I wanted to share this card I just finished making.  It is National Card Making Day so I might have a couple more to share through out the day.  This one is a very CAS card because the image doesn't need anything to distract from her.   I kept the background very simple and the sentiment fun.  Although from the looks of the image she is far from little.  hehehe..  What am I talking about?  Well let me introduce you to Zoe Celebrates from Make It Crafty


Did I tell ya?!  Look at all that hair, I probably could have put her on a white card or solid colored card and have been done.  All it would need was a sentiment... hm....  hehehe  I truly had a lot of fun coloring her.  Made me work really hard on feathering and shadows.  I love how it turned out and will continue to practice my coloring.   The sentiment is another AmyR sentiment stamp.  The dp is from Echo Park.  Used a sakura punch and sun punch for the flowers.


You can get Zoe Celebrates in the digi section at Make It Crafty along with tons of awesome images, backgrounds and crafty stuff.  I first found them while scrolling through Barbara's wonderful blog.  Now I am a fan and have acquired several of their digis.  BTW, they are currently having a fun challenge.  It was Zoe's birthday last week and the DT decided to turn their Christmas release blog hop into a Christmas/Zoe's birthday blog hop.  For more details head on over to the Make It Colourful  blog and join in the hop.  You'll not only see some wonderful and fun Christmas previews but some awesome DT love for Zoe.  So this is my tribute to Zoe's birthday, I hope she likes it.

Alrighty my friends, make sure you head on over to the Farm Fresh challenge blog to see who the new Farmers are, make sure to congratulate them.  You will see some very familiar faces.  And also to hear some wonderful news about TGF and Splitcoast Stampers.


Mahalo for stopping by!
Lilo

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Zoe Celebrates digi (Make It Crafty), AmyR sentiment (CC Designs)
Kraft & white cs (Neenah), goldenrod cs (DCWV), dp Splash (Echo Park Paper)
Ink: Rich cocoa (Memento)
Sakura and sun punch (Carl Carla Craft)
Copics:
hair: YR24, Y26,28,0
face/skin: E01, 11, 50, 51, E02, G24,BG15
top: Y17, YR15 & 18
slippahs/belt: E04, Y15, YR18
jeans: B91, 93, Y15, YR18

4 comments:

kris said...

What a FUN image!! Love your coloring on her hair, looks so realistic!! so sad, didn't make anything yesterday let alone a card for WCMD... i was exhausted! but i'jm glad you did!! =D

Nady said...

Wow! j'adore ta coloration, ses cheveux sont magnfiques!! bravo!!!
hugs
Nadyne xx

Cyndi said...

such a fun card! totally love your hair coloring!

Unknown said...

Love the crazy hair and the energy you give the image with your coloring!