Monday, October 10, 2011

Critter time

Hello Everyone!

It's time for a new challenge with us at Lollipop Crafts.  This week our challenge is all about Critters.  So use an image, paper, embellies, ribbon, anything with a critter and then link up on the Lollipop Crafts post here.  You'll also want to stop by and see what the rest of the T-Team has to share.  It sure to be awesome and inspirational.  :)

I thought going the CAS route was good for what I wanted to create.  I've been in need of some baby cards, and making them small (4x4) would be ideal for small gifts or something quick to pull out instead of creating a regular sized card.  You never know when you will need one in a pinch.  So here are two I made, one for a boy and one for a girl.  I used the same image and paper pieced using the same paper pattern in different colors representing each gender.  I also wanted to try something I've seen a couple times, the polaroid frame.  I just cut out a basic square and then a smaller rectangular strip in white.  The nested patterned paper is also a cut square. 


The bunny image is a clear stamp from a Sandy Lion set.  There are 17 images in this set and it's called Girl clear set.  I think the bunny is not gender specific as long as you use different colors related to either a boy or a girl.  The sentiment stamp is from an old retired set by The Greeting Farm.  Here are the individual cards by themselves:


I love the patterned papers I chose.  I wanted something fun and subtle, and the four from DCWV's Garden Party were perfect, especially because there were two of the same patterns in boy and girl colors.  Once I figured out the image, technique to use, layout and papers to use this came together pretty quickly.  I can  see myself using this style often, especially for last minute cards.
Now with every challenge there is a prize.  This week the prize is a $10 gift certificate and our sponsor is

Little Miss Muffett stamps
Now how can you not want to play along?  Looking forward to seeing your creations.  For all the crafty details and rules please check out the Lollipop Crafts site.

Alrighty, have a great Monday and a fantastic week!  Mahalo for stopping by!
Hugs,
Leanne

Card recipe:
Stamp: bunny (Sandy Lion Girl set), sentiments (The Greeting Farm)
White and Kraft cs (Neenah), Garden Party matstack patterned papers (DCWV)
Tuxedo black ink (Memento)

3 comments:

SuiLan said...

Cute cards Leanne. These are exactly what I need. Love these!

Cyndi said...

love your cards! the image is cute and i like the plaid!

Nady said...

Tes cartes sont très jolies, les images sont trop cute! bravo!
Hugs
Nadyne xx