Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Water boy or Sky diver? Both!

Hello!

I've been having fun with my new crop of Sister Stamps images.  They arrived from Hanko Designs on Friday (Thanks Norm!) and I could not wait to ink them all up.  The DT did such a wonderful job with each of the stamps and one of the things I loved most was when they paired them up with the sea creatures from the earlier releases.  I wanted to do the same for this postcard and chose to use one of the dolphins.


The image on the left is Makai and the other is one of the dolphins from the Dolphin set.  They are both very happy to see one another.  The sentiment is an old one from AmyR for CC Designs and I used a Lawn Fawn hello die.   While I was coloring Makai up I thought to myself, Hmmm,,, he looks like he could be skydiving, sooooo...


Ok, so I love how this turned out!  What a difference to transform from one to the other.  I used a Copic black marker to color in a skydiving outfit for Makai.  The clouds were easily created with Distress inks and a cloud stencil.  Used a speech bubble die to cut out the speech bubble and lastly, I hand wrote the sentiment inside.  This is one versatile kid.  hahaha!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I've got something up my sleeve for the next post, hope you'll come by to see what it is.  TTFN!! 

3 comments:

Denice said...

Shut the front door...how clever to make a sky and sea card with the same image! This guy is adorable surrounded by a dolphin or big fluffy clouds. WTG Leanne!

Rachel Parys said...

These are both adorable, but the skydiving one- GENIUS!! Once again killing me with cuteness!

Lynn said...

I love how you think outside of the box. Both cards are wonderful. Thank you for inspiring me....I just got the stamps too!