Friday, July 17, 2015

Aloha Friday Challenge #52 - Summer Fun

Hello!

It's been a long week and definitely a TGIF kinda day.  Today is also the first day of a brand new challenge over at the Aloha Friday Challenge blog!!  Woo Hoo!!  You've got two weeks to link up with us for this super easy theme:

CHALLENGE #52 - SUMMER FUN!
Create a project with a summer theme
Prize: Click HERE to find out
7/17/15 - 7/31/15

Stop by the blog to see all the details and make sure to stop by the DT blogs showcasing their summer fun themed projects and leave them some love.  Here's my project:


When I think of summer fun I think of the beach.  Riding bikes down the pathway, having some shave ice, flying a kite or swimming in the ocean.  If I had a little more room I would have loved to have put in a volleyball court.  hahaha!  In this scene I captured all of those activities using a few of the Kitty Bee Design images.  Most of this was colored with Copic markers and a small part with Distress inks.  Going clockwise from the left, first up taking a nice leisurly ride is Bike Panda, next way out in the ocean surfing is Narwhal Love, coming in a little closer on the sand enjoying the nice breeze and flying his kite is Kite Panda, and last, enjoying a snow cone is Shave Ice Bun.  Also used a LLLC stitched sun & cloud die and two AmyR sentiments which I wet embossed with clear powder.


Hope we see your project in the linky.  This one should be a lot of fun.   Thanks again for stopping by!  Have a fabulous Aloha Friday and weekend!!


6 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

Oh my goodness!! So cute!! It makes me wish I could go hang out at the beach!! Really cute scene!!

Creations by Shirl said...

OMgosh girly how cute of a scene. You got all those fun Kitty Bee images all put in one fun beach scene. Fun, fun fun, love it!

Denice said...

Such a sweet scene...and with a narwhal! Love all the elements of this fun card!

Lynn said...

Oh boy this card sure says 'summer fun' to me too! I love the scene you created with the cute images.

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hi Leanne!!! Woo-hoo, you sure created a happy and fun beach scene. Totally LOVE IT. Bet everyone who sees your card will be all smiles. Have a fun and super crafty weekend.

eva said...

how super cute! pandas at the beach!