Saturday, June 25, 2011

Some Graduation cards

Happy Saturday!!
Just popping in to share some graduation cards I made for some special friends.

The first two cards were for my brothers girlfriend who graduated from CSUN and she is planning to be an elementary school teacher.  So both cards feature the happiest grad ever, Graduation Anya


The first card was a lot of fun to make, especially using the October Afternoon schoolhouse paper.  The colors were bright, but the patterns were fun!  Truly inspired by her becoming a teacher. 


The second card is more formal and definitely sweet.  I love the stripes and constrast in colors with the white bringing everything to life.   The layout is one that I have used in the past, and it's simple and fun.   What you don't see is that I made it into a fun easel card with a pocket to put a message or giftcard in.


Here is what it looks like opened. This one is a little bit of a formal one compare to the other one, but still fun with that cutie pie.  


And lastly, my friend just graduated earning his MBA.  He said he no longer has to worry about going back to school..  He's so lucky!! hahaha.  For this card I went really simple using the school colors (Cal Poly Pomona) and coloring his cap and gown black.  I also added some gold paper.  I also had another body swap with WS-Daniel and Grad Ian.  Love this combo. 
I used the Congrats embossing folder (Cuttlebug) for the background and to make it a little formal I added some photo tabs.  Here is the front of the card:
Love how the gold paper adds that little formal feeling.  And can you believe I also made an inside for the card?  Yep, here is what I did on the inside:
That's all I have for today.  Hope you are all having a great day, and I am going to make sure I come and visit your blogs.  Mahalo for taking time out of your busy life to see what I've been up to.  I really appreciate it.  :)
Hugs,
Leanne

11 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Hi Leanne! Wonderful graduation cards--especially the altered Daniel! He's so cute! I love the C'bugged backgrounds, too--it adds great texture! Hope you have a fabby weekend!

Shar said...

Oooooo To Cute!!

♥Rach♥ said...

Ok, these are all fab but your altering on the boy one is PERFECT! It really looks flawless. Great job on all of them and the easel one is fab too, reminds me I need to change things up a bit :0)

Tasha said...

Oh wow these rock! Love the designs of them all especially the last one - thats some fab altering you've done
love tasha xx

Nady said...

Wow une super production. elles sont superbes!!! bravo et j'ai un gros coup de coeur pour la 2e elle est magnifique.
hugs
Nadyne xx

Rachel said...

I absolutely love the first one! I'm a teacher now, so I love all teacher-y designs (even though I'm lovin' the summer away from my students because I can have time to CRAFT!). Thanks for the inspiration! I like the way you showcased 3 different kinds of paper.

Unknown said...

Omg! I like all of your grad cards...Great stuff!

gobeagirl said...

Oh Leanne. I love your cards. They are all just Fantastic! I really could not say what one would be my favorite. lol... I still need to pick up these digis from the Farm. I am going to need them before the end of next year as I will have 4 graduations to work on by then. Thanks for all the inspiration. Hugs, Lisa

Amy said...

These are all amazing Leanne! It's so cool seeing how Grad Anya can be used on totally different cards and your altering of Grad Ian is fabulous...love the combo too!

Jessica Diedrich said...

These are super cute and congrats to the grads in your life- what a special and adorable array of projects Leanne!

mousekemom said...

Ooooh my, I just love your Grad Ian/Daniel! He is just darling and what a great body snatcher. So glad I found your blog from TGF and will most definitely be adding it to my fav list! Thanks for sharing your talent! (BTW, I am from Ventura, CA but live in IOWA now.)