Friday, June 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Mas!

Hello friends, I'm here with a just for fun share...

We celebrated my older brother's birthday today.  Had a really yummy dinner at our favorite restaurant, Ai's in South Pasadena, then we came home and had a yummy home-made carrot cake made by my friend Doreen.  I wanted to make my brother a fun birthday card, but I needed a fun image. The only one I could figure to use who would most resemble him was Noah from the Creepin' Creeper Crew collection from The Greeting Farm.  I did a major alteration on him, wiping away most of his body and drawing in his torso & legs.  I messed up on his feet, but eh, no matter it still looks ok.  He wouldn't notice anyways.. lol..  He's always wearing plaid board shorts with a tank top or t-shirt with his slippahs.  Always with the slippahs is this guy even if it's raining outside.  hehehe.  His hair is as long as mine too and usually tied with a rubberband, but I like Noah's hair so kept it the same instead of "taming" it.  And lastly I gave him some facial hair as my brother occassionally sports a goatee.  Here's a close-up of the altered image:


As you can see I drew in a tank top with plaid shorts, drew in his legs to connect to his feet and gave him a little facial hair.  My brother's hair isn't that curly, but I couldn't resist keeping it the same.  The rest of the card was pretty simple.  The colors and papers on the card were pretty simple, greens, browns and yellows.  Chose a cool patterned paper and kept the rest simple.  He got a kick out of it.  On the inside of the card I wrote, "I thought he looked a bit like you."  Here is the rest of the card:


Here are a few shots of my brother with the cake my friend Doreen baked:

 

Here he is with a t-shirt today, but there are some plaid shorts, too bad his hair is tied back and his cap is on else you could see his long hair. 

Alrighty friends, I'm going to try and catch up on some weekly posts, hoping to get to some challenges as well as visit your lovely blogs.  Hope you have a fantastic Sunday doing something fun.  Until next time, Mahalo for stopping by for my just for fun share.
Hugs,
Leanne

Card Recipe:
Stamp: Noah, Creepin' Crew Kit (The Greeting Farm)
Papers: Dark brown cs (Recollections), white & kraft cs (Neenah), dp (DCWV Downtown), green cs (DCWV spring stack)
Inks: Rich Cocoa & black tuxedo ink (Memento), white gel pen (Sakura), black multiliner (Copic)
Twine
Tim Holtz embossing folder (Sizzix)
Small oval punch (SU)
Copics:
Hair: C4, 7, 9; Skin: E13; Eyes: E77; Outfit: G14, 17, C3; Slippahs: C7, 9

4 comments:

Shar said...

Oh my goodness I am seriously on the floor laughing!!! (Well I am on the floor after work and don't want to be on the clean bedding waiting for Hot water) hahahaha!!
I love love love your happy birthday to Mas!!!
I cannot believe that I missed it!! shoot I have to shoot him a text tomorrow!!
I love your card and yes hahahaha!!!
Love you

donna mikasa said...

Great altering, Leanne! Looks like your brother really appreciated your card and enjoyed the cake, too! Thanks so much for sharing!

Mimi said...

Fabulous card Leanne! LOL...great story with it too! I can just picture his plaid shorts! ;) Enjoy the rest of the weekend! ;)

Linda said...

Cheehoo! Awesome card Leanne! Love how you totally altered TGF image! Happy birthday to your bro! Have a great week!