Monday, May 18, 2015

What's Up? Dog day afternoon...

Hello!

Wow, it's been a few days since I last posted!  Life has gotten a bit more busy and I've been less active in the creative realm.  I don't know if it's the weather or the long hours at work, but there seems to be no interest in creating when I get home, it's as if my mojo has gone on vacation.  Sigh!

I realized that I never posted about this project I made for one of my friends.  It's actually a watercolor/die cut scene/portrait...


Obviously some of my mojo was working here.  hahaha!  I started out with the blue backdrop using gelatos and water on some Canson water color paper.  I believe the cute dog flying over the city is Silver from Tiddly Inks Flying High clear stamp set.  My friend has a dog, who resembles Silver a bit so I tried to color him the same.  I used multiple dies from LLLC and MFT to create this scene.  I also used a word backgroud stamp from MFT for the buildings and the tree.  Love the effect, it kinda looks like I used a newspaper.

I need to put this in some kind of frame so for now it's with me until I finish it.  I did show it to my friend and she loved it.  Yay!!  Here's a look at the annual birthday card I made, another adorable image of Silver and I actually decorated the envelope!


The sentiments on the card are from Paper Smooches.  Oh and in the background some wispy clouds made with Distress Inks.  Maybe this will jump start my mojo?!  We shall see!  I might need to go-around to everyone's blogs too, so I'll be sure to hop on the ole' computer when I get home to do some hopping!  Well breaks over, I better get back to "work".  Take care and thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

That is one heck of cool scene Leanne. A floating doggie....how much cuter can it get? Really love your 2nd card too with the perfect sentiments....and envelope. I'm sure your mojo will return soon in high gear and you'll be cranking out tons of cool cards.

Lynn said...

I really like this project and the matching card. Your friend is so lucky and must be excited to have a Leanne original work of art.

Denice said...

Aaaack, you know I love your fluffy clouds...it's like watching a master at work!
Love your mixed media project and how Silver is just hanging around.

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh I LOVE your portrait scene you created!!!! It's very cute and love the little doggie you used on it too!!! I hear ya on the mojo front. I have plenty to get using in my own craft room but by the time I get home from work I am Pooped!!! Some day soon. Just take it one day at a time!!! Love your work doll!
hugs, Heidi

eva said...

oh, i love the city scene and the cute card! love that everything is so coordinated!