Friday, May 29, 2015

LFF #89: READY? 1,2,3...

Hello!

A reminder that you have a week left to link up your project to our current "Sew Cute" (faux or real stitching on your project) challenge over at the Aloha Friday Challenge blog, HERE.  Today the second half of the Bees team are sharing their mid-inspirations HERE.  If you're stuck on the theme then make sure to stop by and be inspired.

Today for Lilo's Fun Friday #89 I have a fun birthday card to share with you.  My mojo was flowing with this card, yay!!  hehehe.

Front of the card

This is the front of the card featuring the adorable Turtle set from Sister Stamps, a fun vintage Aloha print paper, laser cut flowers from Island Scrapbooking and some fun stitched speech bubbles relaying a message...  Next up is the inside of the card which relays the rest of the message... and look how excited this turtle is to shout out "Happy Birthday!!"  hehehe, so kawaii!!  >.<  The HB sentiment is also a laser cut word from Island Scrapbooking.  Boy do these come in handy!  I wish the store was a lot closer to me or visa versa.  hahaha!  Luckily they now have an online Etsy store so if I need any more laser cut designs I don't have to fly all the way there to buy some, although that does sound like a nice reason to go.  hahaha!

Inside the card

I loved this card so much that I really wanted to keep it!  Instead I handed it over to my friend/co-worker so that she could give it to her son to give to his teacher for her birthday today.  This is the same teacher I made the teacher's day project for here.  Because she's from Hawai'i I felt it was ok to use the turtles for her birthday card.  Did you notice that I inked up the turtles in blue and not black or brown ink?  Yep, I thought it would be fun to experiment for an underwater affect especially if it made them blend with that pretty vintage paper.  Mission accomplished!  I had fun coloring and fun-cutting them all out.


These are some happy happy turtles and they make for a fun birthday card.  Thank you mojo for showing up in the nick of time.  hahaha!   Mahalo for stopping by, have a great Aloha Friday!!

4 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

They are flipping adorable!! Makes me think of the turtles on Finding Nemo!! Too cute!

Denice said...

These are super cute...love the blue ink, it gives a great look. How fun to fussy cut these cuties...I bet you smiled the entire time. ADORABLE!

Colleen said...

What a fun card! I love everything about it. The two turtles are super cute. It's a great idea to color them in different tones of green. The DSP that you used for the background is perfect for the two turtles.

I hope that you will have some time to relax and do some crafting this weekend. I hope that you will have a wonderful weekend!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Yup, your mojo was sure fueling your creativity. What a super fun card. Those little turtles are really cute. I'm gonna tell Michelle about your post. She'll be thrilled. Have a fun weekend full of crafting.