Sunday, December 29, 2013

Y&FH December Challenge Reminder

Good morning everyone!


Today Team Fumi is popping in over at the Yumi & Fumi Handmade blog to remind you that we still have a challenge going on.  Make sure to stop by the Y&FH blog to see what the other ladies have up their sleeves.  They are sure to bring smiles to your faces and get you itching to make something for our challenge.  Here's a reminder of the photo inspiration:



Hehehe, seriously I have no idea how the picture is doing that, but I love it!!  I really wish I had a room like this in my house.  hehehe.  For my project I created a calendar which I just might hang up at work.  My inspiration came from one of the coolest cards created by my cool crafty friend and former DT gal, Sandie Dunne, featuring our Back 2 School kids.  Mine isn't as fabulous as hers, but I like how it turned out just the same... Oh and I embraced some white space too, well I tried.. (haha)


After I stamped the images and colored them I free-handed the 2014 behind them.  The calendar pieces are from Island Scrapbooking which I picked up while on vacation in August.  So happy they were able to fit on to the 12 x 8 1/8 piece of beautiful DCWV patterned cardstock.  Yes the calendar is that big!  I used my favorite EK corner punch and added them to the image.  Kept it CAS which is nice for a change.  Decided that the white space looked just right for this piece.


Now that I look at this, they look almost like an ad for Guess or A&F.  (lol)  Hey I did say ALMOST! (LOL)  I hope more of you will come and play in our challenge, you have until Friday to link up here.  Well thanks so much for stopping by today.  Have a fabulous Sunday!

Hugs,
Leanne

3 comments:

Unknown said...

omg so stinkin cute!! Great idea too and TFS!!

Linda said...

Very cute 2014 Calendar! Cute creation as always!!!

Denice said...

Oh my...such a fun calendar with so many Y&F images....how can I not smile when looking at your beautiful creation. Gosh, why doesn't my tree sparkle like that? Because you, dear Leanne are a shinning star!
Happy 2014 to you.
:Dxx