Friday, December 13, 2013

KBD Challenge #14 Mid-Inspiration - Ready for a Snow Fight?

Happy Aloha Friday everyone!

Hope you are all doing well.  Can you believe in just a few short weeks we'll be celebrating Christmas?!!  Yikes!  I better get hopping on my shopping and card-making...  So late in the game I think I'm going to have to come up with something easy.  Hope you're not like me the consummate procrastinator.

Today on the Kitty Bee Design blog, the Bees and I are sharing our mid-inspirations for our current challenge:


If you haven't had a chance to link up you have until Dec 20th.  Stop by the Kitty Bee Designs blog to see their mid-inspirations from my teammates.  They are so darn cute!!  >.<

For my project today I made a Card in a Box using the adorable Snow Penguin from Kitty Bee Designs, some gorgeous Christmas papers from DCWV and some beautiful snowflake stamps/dies from Stampin' Up.

Card in a Box with Snow Penguin

Isn't Snow Penguin adorable?!!  I think so and I loved coloring her up in to a blue penguin!! hehehe..  Snow Penguin is hiding out behind the snowflakes cause she's ready to pounce on anyone who'll play with her.  She's got her snowball ready just in case.  hehehe.. I also gave her some non-traditional Christmas colors and had fun with her beanie, trying to create a plaid/gingham feel but failing horribly.  I need to go and check out my buddy, Rosie's tutorial to see how the professionals do it.  All-in-all it turned out cute and for my first time I'm gonna give it a B-. (hahaha)

What do you think of the box?  Isn't it fun?!  My crafty buddy, Kathy, held a little workshop at our friend Angie's last weekend and this is what we made.  Well not exactly the one above I created a new one for today's share, I'll share the one we made at the end of my post.  I couldn't wait to get home to try to make another one.  I chose some beautiful Christmas paper from DCWV.  The vintage papers were perfect for my card.  I stamped and die cut the snowflakes with Colorbox, Encore, and Archival Brilliance inks for a nice shimmery look.  The stamps and matching framelit dies are all from Stampin' Up. They are gorgeous aren't they?  I used an EK punch for the sentiment  which happens to be from AmyR. I added some pretty glittery snowballs from Recollections and a nice ivory sheer ribbon for my bow. 

The cool thing about this card in a box is that it folds flat so you can mail it!!

Card in a box - folds flat!


Isn't that paper beautiful!! You can even see some of the gold stars!  Anyhoos, yes this folds flat so it's easy to mail out!  I used Tea Dye Distress ink to give it a more vintage-y feel.  Another cuter version of the flat fold...

Cuter verision - It folds flat for easy mailing :)

Below is a picture of the back side where I will write a Christmas note to the recipient, the cool thing is this is how the back part of the card in a box stays up instead of folding down like the other panels.  Cool yea?!




Here is a nicer clear visual of Snow Penguin behind her wall of snowflakes.  :)

Snow Penguin is ready for a snow fight


This is the box that we made.  My friend Kathy did all the prep work for us.  All we had to do was try to put it together.  She was even game for us to use her stamps and dies.  Aren't the colors gorgeous?!!

Card in a box

I went super colorful to try and match the dp.  I thought this was so cute that I had to try to do another one.  It did not take too long and I love how you can change up the theme for a new one.  Definitely keeping this in my memory box! :) 

Snow Penguin - Wanna Play?

Alrighty, I hope you'll be able to join us before the 20th.  For now have a wonderful Aloha Friday!!
Mahalo for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Leanne

Challenge(s):
Totally Papercrafts Challenge

6 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Holy cow Leanne, what a SUPER CUTE project! B minus???? Oh no, this is A+ for sure. I need to hop over to BFC to see if they have that image to add to my collection. Have a Happy Aloha Friday.

eva said...

super cute! how do you make it?????

Creations by Shirl said...

How fun, must give this a try someday soon.... love how it folds and pops out.... Enjoy your happy weekend ahead..... Happy holidays Leanne~

Lynn said...

Oh Boy this is a fantastic card. Love the penguin and the fact that the card box folds flat. The colors are lovely! Thank you for sharing this with all your blogland friends.

Unknown said...

So so so cute leanne! Love to share all the fun and new craft dimensions with you;) you totally took it to another level!! A+ for getting rught on it hehe.

Glittertastic said...

What a clever project! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Totally papercrafts this week

Hugs
Sharon (Glittertastic)