Sunday, October 27, 2013

She's too cute to spook

Hey everyone!

It's only a couple of days before Halloween, are any of you dressing up?  I guess I'm what you call a non-dresser for Halloween, but I do like the event.  Not sure if we're going to get the same 10-15 people coming to trick or treat at our house so just in case I'm getting a few bags of my favorite candy because if none come at least I'll enjoy eating the leftovers.  hahaha!

Today I have a Halloween card, but did not use a traditional Halloween image.  This little girl is another one of the cuties from the Three Little Autumn Girls set at All Dressed Up that has been sitting on my desk for a while.  Thought it would be fun to get her dressed up in Halloween colors (black & orange) with some grays and hints of purple, as in purple hair!  :)

Autumn Girl - All Dressed Up

I used a new Sizzix die for the intricate black background.  It was a bit difficult to work with, but the end result was a worth it.  I'll have to figure out a better way to remove it from the die next time.  I hadn't done clouds in a while and thought gray to black looked cool here.  I used a Studio G spider web to add a bit more spookiness but didn't add the spider cause it just wasn't cute enough. (hahaha)  See the flower?





There's the spiders!  I used the poinsettia die from Paper Smooches and some new Recollections Halloween paper to create the spooky spider flower and added a nice big orange gem to the center.  The sentiment(s) is from CC Designs, AmyR Ghostly Greetings sentiment set and I used another Sizzix die to cut it out.  I'm going to join in the All Dressed Up Halloween challenge with this card.  Wish me luck!  (haha)

I have one more Halloween post coming up on Thursday so hope you'll stop by again.  In the meantime, stop by the Yumi & Fumi Handmade blog for the newest challenge.  We've got a color challenge (orange, black, green, purple) going on and if you use those colors why not link up?  Go HERE to see all the details.

Autumn Girl - All Dressed Up

Mahalo for stopping by!!   Have a great day!!

xxLeanne

Other challenges:
Crafts 4 Eternity: #147
Sister Act Card Challenge #30 - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Simon Says - Halloween or Halloween colors

10 comments:

Nancy said...

Your card is fabulous, Leanne! I really like the way you have adapted that sweet image to fit the challenge! Thanks for joining us at All Dressed Up! :o)

Marilyn said...

What a fun card Leanne and I love this little gal done up in Hallowe'en colours, especially that purple hair!
Thanks for joining us at All Dressed Up and I hope you'll be back again.
Marilyn

Anne said...

awwwwwwwwww how cool is her hair? Love it Leanne, well done for thinking outside the box.
Thanks for playing along with our Happwe'en challenge on all Dressed Up
Anne x

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Leanne! I love your colouring and the sponged sky is really amazing. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Heather said...

A fabulous card, a stunning background surround and a brilliant colouring of the sweet image - definitely too cute to spook!!!

Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Amanda said...

What a super cutie for Halloween. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week
Love
Amanda

Tracy said...

Fantastic, I LOVE her hair ! thank you for joining us at all dressed up x

Erin said...

Awww i love this sooo cute thanks for joining us at ADU
Erin xxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Love your coloring and layout.

Peggy said...

What a super cute card! Love all the detail and your coloring is fabulous! Thank you for joining in the challenge at All Dressed Up!