Saturday, October 19, 2013

Happy Anniversary Island Scrapbooking and some news

Good afternoon everyone!

I'm popping in to wish Island Scrapbooking in Hilo, Hawaii a Happy 10th Anniversary and to happily announce that they are now carrying our Yumi & Fumi Handmade stamp line!  We are very excited and blessed about that!!


 If you're in the area, be sure to stop by, sounds like they are going to have a big, fun party as only a 10th anniversary should be!!  Wish I could be there especially for all the prizes, make n' takes and did I mention prizes?!! :'(

Island Scrapbooking - BTW, that's my brother and Mom in the picture.

While I was visiting family I stopped at this cute little shop several times when I was in town.  Picked up some fun craft goodies and spent some time chatting with the owner Michele.  She is a super sweet lady and fits quite nicely in to that little shop.  I miss walking in to those kinds of shops where the owner is the one manning the register or asking if you need help.  I could not get enough of looking at all the Sister Stamps projects, they are truly beautiful and stunning in person!!  Sorry no pictures, I was crunched for time each time I was in the store.  But you can see one of the zodiac calendars on the wall over my left shoulder in the picture below.

Michele, owner of Island Scrapbooking, LLC and me

On one of my "happened to be in the neighborhood" visits I was surprised when she asked if I had a stamp line, I think one of her DT mentioned it or it might have been Jenny, it was certainly not me.  I was trying to be incognito! (hehe)  When she mentioned that her 10th anniversary was coming up in October I was excited for her.  Wow, 10 years and still going strong.  That's awesome!  We got to chatting and next thing you know we were talking about a possibility of adding our stamp line in her store during the anniversary!!  Holy cow!  What a truly blessed event for us.  So now if you live in the Hilo, HI area or anywhere on the Big Island you can now purchase some of our Yumi & Fumi stamps at Island Scrapbooking.  :)

I was super excited to pack all of the stamps she ordered and added some samples.  I also wanted to send her a little thank you card using a combination of a Y&FH image and some of her products...

Happy Anniversary - Summer Fumi

Here is the card I sent her featuring Summer Fumi and on her t-shirt the smallest honu from our Tiki-Surf set.  I combined that beautiful background paper, the Happy Anniversary laser cut phrase and laser cut flower in her hair, all products from Island Scrapbooking to create this super CAS card. Don't our stamps go wonderfully with the products in her store?  :)   I almost kept this card, but know that it is going to a good home. :)  If you happen to be in the area please stop by, say hi and take some pictures.  Post them and then leave me a comment so I can come see!!  ^.^


Sending happy wishes and congratulations to Michele on a really amazing milestone.  Hau`oli la Ho'omana'o!  Cheers to many more!!

Mahalo for stopping by today, have a lovely crafty day and don't forget you have until Friday to link up to our Anything Goes challenge at Yumi & Fumi Handmade.

Hugs,
Leanne

3 comments:

eva said...

that sounds great! congrats!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hello, hello Leanne,
I just got home from town. Of course the highlight of my day was shopping at Island Scrapbooking to celebrate their 10th Anniversary. I got a pretty good haul. I knew Michele had 2 new product lines that would be revealed today. When I saw Yumi & Fumi was one of them, I was all excited and thought of you. Let's see what I can create with my stamps. Love your card too. Super cute!

Jenny said...

Yay for Yumi & Fumi! I was happy that she brought in your line to the store! You gave some great samples too, Michele was very appreciative of that.

Congrats!