Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Holiday Cheer

Morning!

Today's card could be considered an alternate version to the current challenge over at Yumi & Fumi Handmade.  We want you to use the following colors in your project:

CH #27 - Color combo: 
Orange, Purple, Green & Black

Now many of you might interpret that to mean Halloween colors and you could be correct, but how about something non-Halloween?  Stop by the Y&FH blog post and see some of the Halloween and non-Halloween projects created by our very talented Team Yumi.  I was inspired to try out the non-Halloween version and came up with this card featuring Yeti Fumi without her Christmas lights...

Holiday Cheer with Yeti Fumi

I used two old Bo Bunny sheets of Christmas patterned paper for my project and matted them all to black Neenah cardstock.  I know there is a lot of blue visible, but that was the only paper I had that also included purple, green and black on it.  The touches of orange are Fumi's hair, the rose, the four marble half circles and the tulle ribbon.  Had fun adding a different non-traditional Christmas color to my card to fit the challenge theme.  The sentiment are dies from Paper Smooches which I love!  Used a Noor set of flower dies to create the giant one on the right side of the card and then layered some other flowers from Petaloo.  Here's a close up...

Floral arrangement includes Noor dies, Recollection rose and Petaloo flowers

Trying my hand at some floral arrangements, and I think I did ok... Needs more practice, but I'm satisfied with the end result. :)  I hope I was able to give you another idea on how to use those colors for our current challenge in case you wanted to do something other than Halloween.  Again for more inspiration head on over to the Y&FH blog post HERE and once you've finished creating your project link up with us.  Did you hear our news yet?  You can now add your Yumi & Fumi Handmade projects to our company gallery over at Split Coast Stampers!  Yes, we've finally gotten our act together and now have a company gallery there.  Our DT have been busy uploading their projects and we hope you will too.  Use keyword: yumifumi (no spaces) when uploading.

Freckle-faced Yeti Fumi

Thanks for stopping by today.  It was fun sharing this card featuring non-traditional Christmas colors and the adorable Yeti Fumi.  Have a wonderful day!!

Hugs,
Leanne

2 comments:

Denice said...

I love your take on the color combo....just so pretty!!

Blankina said...

Love this card!! I am not sure if I have commented it on the main blog..
Hugs Blankina