Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Calling all Heroes

Hey everyone!!
Today I wanted to share pictures of the birthday party favors and card I made for my Godson's birthday party.  First up is the card.  The theme for the party was Avengers so I was pretty stumped as to what to make for him.  In the end using Spellbinder circles and a star punch I went super CAS and made Captain America's shield with a "twist."   The "twist" is that the shield can rotate clock and counter clockwise.  You'll have to take my word for it as there is no easy way without video to show that.  The inside of the card could be considered for the outside of the card.  I actually did have it as the front of the card, but changed my mind after I made the shield.  Here is the inside of the card that I think turned out really cool...


I found that Avengers image online, cropped it, but saved the original for the tags.  Next I searched different sites for a fun "super boy" and found Super Duper Boy from Mo's Digital Pencil.  He was pretty perfect for this group of super heroes and so keeping with the heroes theme I colored him up with Copics in the colors of Superman. I know he's not part of the Avengers, but doesn't he look natural in this group of heroes?  I this so..

As my contribution to the party I asked my friend Doreen of Treats by Doreen to bake me some of her famous chocolate chip cupcakes with chocolate and peanut butter frosting.  From there I had to think of how to package them for the guest's goody bags.  I stopped by Wal-Mart and found some Avengers paper cups and thought with some shredded paper in the bottom of the cups the cupcakes could go inside the cups.  I also picked up some clear bags to put them in. Now I couldn't leave them without making a tag right?  So using the same image as above but with the words left intact I printed them out, trimmed them, added them to some red cardstock that I cut down to make tags and added some blue and white paper ribbon.  Attached them to the bags and voila!


I didn't want to leave out a little message from the birthday boy so I printed one out for him on some labels and of course I had to give props to Doreen for making the cupcakes.


It rained during the party but we still had fun under the big white tent.  The birthday boy was excited as well as all the kids and adults that were there.  Another birthday in the bag until next year...

Mahalo for stopping by!!!  Two more days til' Thanksgiving and Black Friday sales...  What are you most excited to buy?  Me?  Well I'm not a big fan of Black Friday shopping so I might sleep in.  (hahaha) 
Have a fabulous day!!

Hugs,
Leanne

5 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

What fun projects... they all came out super cute and I'm sure it was enjoyed by all. I love doing these types of party favors it can be a challenge but worth the reactions of others with oohh's and aaah's. LOL!
Great job!

Rachel Parys said...

Wow, great Avengers stuff!! Hunter would love that, she is a huge super hero buff! Looks like a great party!

Denice said...

Awwww....this is so cute! What a wonderful card and fun favors!
We're no strangers of the Avengers at my house....my daughter calls Captain American her husband, lol!
:Dxx

eva said...

awesome stuff!! love that the shield's spins! my youngest was captain america for halloween!

Mimi said...

so cool party favors! and what an awesome card, wish i could see it spin! i bet he loved it all! one lucky dude!!
have a wonderful Thanksgiving! ;D