Friday, May 3, 2013

LFF #59 - Anniversary cards

Morning!

Happy Aloha Friday everyone!  Hope the week has been a good one.  I'm so glad it's Friday, the weekend is here and I need to recharge.  Anyone else feel that way or is it just me?  If you feel that way feel free to shout it out! hahaha!

For today's LFF #59 I will be sharing two different cards.  We're still celebrating in our family.  Wednesday was my mom's birthday and yesterday was my parent's anniversary.  They've been married for 42 years and still going strong!  My siblings and I are a few of the lucky ones, with parents who are still together, in love and we thank God everyday that we get to be around them.  Love them both to pieces.  :)  My dad asked me to make him a card to give to my mom and this is what I came up with...


 I really loved how this one turned out.  I kept it pretty CAS, but fun too.  As you can see I did another polaroid and inside the scene is my version of "Sunset on the beach."  I used the Flutter Heart clear stamp set from The Greeting Farm.  (Love how fun these clear stamps are and the amount you get in the set is worth the price you pay for.)  Used my handmade cloud stencil, and Distress inks (Tumbled Glass, Wild Honey & Vintage Photo).  The sentiment stamps are from AmyR (Wedding sentiments & Many Thanks)

I know Denice has been asking me to do a tutorial on how I create the clouds.  Well my friend, I thought I'd leave video creating to the professionals and so I don't mind sharing where I actually learned.  Check out Amy's Youtube video for all the cool details.  :)  I'm going to enter this into the ATS Anything Goes challenge.


This next card is one that I made from us kids...


It's pretty fancy yea?... lol...  Made with washi paper, different flower & butterfly punches, Spellbinder dies and a stamped sentiment. (Yup no colored image here!)  Used more of my Hanko Designs supplies and the sentiment is the same one from AmyR that was used in the previous card. 


I checked to see what the current Flutterby Wednesday challenge was and it just so happens to be about celebrating.  Danni and her husband, Sam just celebrated their 14th wedding anniversary!  Congrats my friend!  In honor of this special occasion the challenge theme is Love or Wedding or Anniversary and of course you need to have your butterfly or fairy.

Thought I'd share a couple more pictures.  The first is of my mom with the card I made for her birthday.  I used an app called Decopic to add some fun elements.  


The second picture is of my parents at dinner on my mom's birthday...


Another birthday and anniversary in the books. :)  Mahalo for stopping by and for all the lovely comments during the week.  I always feel giddy after I read them.  Ya'll have a fantastic Friday!!

Hugs,
Lilo

10 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

What lovely cards! And your parents are so cute!

eva said...

i love that first card!!!! so pretty!!! i wanna copy it!!! the second one is pretty too!! and your parents look great! happy friday!

Denice said...

What an awesome card with those big puffy clouds...the image works perfectly!

If you could see me, you'd see I was smiling from ear to ear because now I get to make some of those gorgeous clouds too...thanks for sharing!!!

What a fun app, Happy Anniversary to your parents!

:Dxx

Danni said...

What wonderful cards!! Both so different but both fabulous! So happy to see you at FBW!! Hugs!

Lynette said...

How nice to see you back at Flutter By Wednesday! Both of your cards are awesome. Your mom does not look old enough to have been married for 42 years!

Kate said...

Beautiful Cards. Happy Anniversary to your parents and a belated Happy Birthday to your mom.

Creations by Shirl said...

Sweet cards for your mom and parents... Happy b-lated birthday to Mom and anniversary to both of them...

Jenée said...

Your anniversary card is lovely. Such pretty and unusual DP. I'm so liking this. Thank you for entering this week's challenge at Flutter By Wednesday.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Fabulous sponging, I love it! Thanks for playing with us over at ATS!!!

Amber Milone said...

Super sweet cards! I love your handmade clouds! Thanks for playing with us over at ATS.