Wednesday, January 9, 2013

DTC Sketch Challenge

Hey everyone!!

Are any of you an NCIS fan?  I love the show and am always watching the reruns on tv.  I'd rather watch them more then regular tv.  {hehe}  I just had to share that last night's episode was pretty unexpected but really good.  I still have chills from it!!  If you're a fan you'll know what I'm talking about.  Can't wait to see next weeks although I don't think it will top last night.
Getting back into non-Christmas card mode has been fun.  For my card today  I used the January photo inspiration over at Y&FH to pick the colors I wanted to use.  Click here to check out the details of the new month long challenge going on over at Yumi & Fumi Handmade.   We hope you join us. 

I colored up Fumi with Messenger bag for fun and used up some scraps of one of my favorite BG papers.


If I find more of this BG dp I'm getting it!  It's so cute!!  Besides pulling the same colors from the inspiration photo,  I mimicked the slats in the crib's back drop by scoring a piece of white cs every half inch.  Pulled the black & white polka dot paper from one of the banners and added the laser cut sentiment to the bottom.

This layout is actually a sketch from Designed to Color's current challenge.  I think I will enter this card there and also there is an open challenge at FBW.  Just make sure to use a fairy, angel or butterfly.

Alrighty time for me to vamoose!  I might stop by for another share tomorrow. Until then... Mahalo for stopping by!  Have a terrific day!

Hugs,
Leanne


9 comments:

Danni said...

I'm in love with this card! Just way too cute and sweet!! Love it! and I giggled as this is the paper pad I challenged myself to use up. :)
Love this card! Thanks for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge! Always good to see you there!

Denice said...

What a fun and awesome take on the sketch challenge...love all the black accents you used!Adorable paper...I can see whyyou're looking for more!
:Dxx

Amy said...

Sooo cute, Leanne! Love her with these papers and your border looks awesome!
I like NCIS, but I usually just watch it when they have a marathon of them. So I'm never current with it.
Hope you are enjoying your week!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ohhh, I really love your layout, so different and fun. I don't watch NCIS but am a huge fan of Hawaii Five-O. Happy Thursday.

eva said...

i don't usually watch NCIS. i love law and order though since the beginning. very cute card -- the paper is adorable!

Mimi said...

super cute card!! i love this paper too... that's why i don't use it much! lol! i must find time to start inking up these adorable girls!! ;D

jan farnworth said...

very sweet card thanks for sharing with us at fbw.

Cyndi said...

Very fab card! Love all the details and the DP!

Denice said...

Congrats on being featured at FBW this week, it's a wonderful card!
:Dxx