Sunday, February 12, 2012

Won't you be my...Valentine?

Hi everyone!
Hope you are all having a terrific weekend.  I'm up to my ears in paper, markers, stamps and Spellbinders and I'm having a terrific time!   Still working on a few things for next week so hoping this post is pretty quick. 

Now I don't normally use animals in my cards, but I couldn't resist purchasing Silver Valentine from Tiddly Inks.  He's adorable, I mean how can you not want him, right?  hahaha.  He's also perfect for a sweet Valentine's day card.  Now I'm really not sure if Silver is a female or male, but for this card I thought being a male would be fine even if the card is mostly pink.  (lol)  This is my first time merging digital images too.  I used one of two free cute heart digis from Birdie Brown as a backdrop.  (Click here to get the free images)  I think it looks pretty cute especially when it looks like Silver is surrounded by hearts.

I used a pearl pen on the hearts and then using two Copic markers tried to make them look like pillows.  Not sure if it worked but that's what it's supposed to be.  I doodled around the edges and added fake stitches to the sentiment, main image and the heart.  Here's a close up.

I handwrote the sentiments.  Trying to keep it nice and clean.  I redid the sentiment heart 4 times before I was satisfied with this one.  CAS is definitely better than too much.  (lol)  I plan to make another card using this adorable little guy and use the other hearts from Birdie Brown.  Let's see how long it take to finish it.  (lol)


Alrighty, Mahalo for stopping by today.  I truly appreciate all the support and comments.  They keep me inspired and thankful for wonderful friends like you.  Don't forget to link up for my give-a-way.  You have until Friday to enter.  Stop by tomorrow for my Lollipop Crafts challenge #67 share.  Until then enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

Hugs,
Leanne

Challenges:
Tiddly Inks: #79 Valentine

Supplies not mentioned above:
Black, dark pink cs & pink/white striped dp (Recollections); white cs (Neenah solar crest); dark pink ribbon & buttons (stash); heart & scalloped heart dies (Spellbinders); border punch (Stampin' Up)
Copics:

18 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

This turned out really really cute...and Torico will be so happy to see what you did with her heart image too....love that cute pooch I think I would like to have him on a treat box or so.....
Hey when you have a chance hop on over and read my today's posting...
Thanks my friend...
hugs~

Nady said...

Ta carte est vraiment superbe! j'adore!!!!
hugs
Nadyne xx

Nadine said...

Simply adorable! Love how you merged the images to create your own and how you added in your doodles. Plus you have very nice handwriting…I wish their was a sentiment stamp set in your font. I'd totally buy it!

Rachel Parys said...

Totally see the "pillow" effect! Very cute!! I don't usually go with animals too, but I've been thinking about collecting him myself! Great Valentine!

Have a great Sunday!!! ;)

mfc.melissamade2 said...

SO SUPER CUTE!!! Love the sweet colors and that added sparkle - Silver is just too adorable and right at home here!
Hugs,
M

Mary J said...

Gorgeous Leanne! Those colours are so delicious together - would never think to put peach with pink!

Joey said...

Leanne this is stunning, gorgeous design, thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks. Joey xx

Torico said...

Aww... This is too cute!! I LOVE that you combined my heart images with a cute pup image. Thank you for sharing!

Torico

Cyndi said...

Great card! Love how you combined the images and he is super adorable!

Chris (catt871) said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colours, the layout and that image is too cute.
Hugs,
Chris

Kate said...

this is so cute. Love that puppy and the way you colored it Adorable.

Hugs,
kate

Lorraine said...

Oh your card is adorable! Perfect valentine! That pup is too cute and love the beautiful hearts in the background!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Wow Leanne, this is sooooo cute. The pooch is so adorable and the hearts so cool.

Cami said...

Aaaawwww Leanne, this is just too stinkin' cute and adorable! Well of course you have colored him beautifully and I love this color scheme!

Larissa said...

Aww this is really lovely! Love the pretty hearts behind Silver. Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge.

Hugs,
Larissa

Loopylou. said...

awwwwwwww too cute leanne!!! I love the patchwork hearts too!!
thank you for coming and playing with the tiddly inkers this week
hugs Lou xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Sweetie this is simply gorgeously stunning :0))) Thank you so much for joining us with Tiddly Inks Valentine challenge this time, Hugs Pops x

Arabella said...

Aww this is so sweet Leanne! I love it! Your handwriting is gorgeous too!

Thanks for joining us for the Valentine's challenge at Tiddly Inks!

Arabella