Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Time to...

Good afternoon friends.
Today is Jenny's (co-worker/friend) birthday.  She's such a hard worker that I thought she needed a card that depicts relaxing and pampering oneself and I found the perfect image at Sparkle Creations.  My former FFC teammate, Sparkle has such cute and fun images.  I purchased some a while back during her sale and have only now just gotten around to inking one up.  I'm pretty stoked to see that this image is featured on the SCRS blog by a few ladies from the DT.  Although my card doesn't qualify with the current challenge, I'm happy to see that I wasn't the only one to ink up Relaxing Charlotte.


I tried my hand at some felt flowers which were super easy.  Thanks Rena for the inspiration!  The rest of the card came together pretty quickly.  Her favorite color is purple, but I love the combo of purple, blue and white.  I hope you can see the two different distressed ink parts on the main frame of the card.  I wanted to create a soft soothing picture, like the image needs that right?  But I love how it turned out.  To give it a bit more fun I used stickles in a fun swirly pattern all the way around the edge of the card.  IRL it looks pretty cool.  hahaha.  The sentiment "Pamper yourself," also comes with the stamp and I drew in the bubbles to match the main frame.  On the inside of the card I wrote, "On us!  Happy Birthday!"  Thought that was fitting.  We have a birthday club and each participant donates a certain dollar amount and that is our gift.  This way everyone that participates doesn't have to stress on what to get the person celebrating.  Everyone gets a day and everyone has fun with it.  

Here are some close-ups of the felt flowers with a sparkly center.  That was fun, can't wait to try it with some of the new dies I got this weekend.

Alrighty, time to wrap this one up.  Hope you are all having a nice day. 


Mahalo for stopping by!
Hugs,
Leanne

4 comments:

Danni said...

What a beautiful card! Love the soothing colors!! Awesome job!

Nady said...

Ta carte est superbe, j'adore les couleurs et tes petites fleurs sont très mignones. bravo!
hugs
Nadyne xx

Amy said...

You definitely achieved a soothing vibe with your card Leanne, love the colors and the image looks wonderful!

Cyndi said...

beautiful! she looks so relaxed and love the colors!