Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!! I know this is a very late post and most of you are probably already enjoying your day or starting the new day. I wanted to share a couple Valentine's Day cards I made. The first two I chose to use Sweetheart Marci from La La Land Crafts. Isn't she sweet and perfect for any Valentine's day card or project? In the first card I went with a pink palette, with a touch of white and orange. I just love the heart flags she's displaying because you can write any 5 letter word inside. I chose to write "HAPPY" then used some hearts, which were left over punches from the MS border punch, to spell out "Valentine's" and then wrote in "Day!" with a white opaque marker. Tried to make the Valentine's hearts into a flower bouquet so I drew in stems behind the pink bow. I cased one of the make & take cards from CHA because I loved the simple layout.
For the second card I used Sweetheart Marci again and chose a mostly red and white palette. I used a Copic marker to draw in the hearts as well as the fake stitches within the circle behind Marci. I did use the same border punch and used the leftover hearts to make a fun heart image with flourish on the other side. Inside the heart sign I wrote "Hello".
I also used a lot of my white gel pen. I sometimes forget that I have one. Decided that I needed to use it prominently this time around. hahaha.. These were both fun cards to make and I had a lot of fun coloring up Marci with first orange hair and then giving her a brown do. :)
Mahalo for stopping by and where ever you are.. Happy Valentine's Day!!!
Hugs,
Leanne

4 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

I can tell you that the pink one is even CUTER in person! The way you did the sentiment is just ingenius, you rock :0) Love the other one too with all the white accents you added, very pretty!

Mimi said...

Adorable cards Leanne! Love the "valentine" bouquet! Hope you had a sweet valentine's day! ;)

1LuvnMama said...

Wow looky here! Luv the 2 using Sweetheart Marci! The sentiments inside is clever girl . . . great job and can't wait to see more!

Unknown said...

Sweet sweet sweet, Leanne! You did a great job using Sweetheart Marci!