Sunday, July 25, 2010

What's up with Washi?!

This will be the last post of the night..
TGF is having a newsletter challenge for July. The challenge is to use Washi tape which you can purchase at the TGF website or any other form of "decorative" masking tape.
Here is the card I will submit for the challenge:
What is Washi tape you might ask? Well it's a cool designer masking tape that you can use to decorate any surface, including cards. For more ideas on how to use Washi tape please visit Randi's blog. She's a pro on this cool and fun fad and she uses it so well.
I haven't purchased any Washi tape from TGF yet, but I did buy a set from Michael's that was on sale for a few dollars. The brand is American girl and I got two for the price of one. Score! This particular tape is in this cool bluesy-green color with white funky/crafty lettered words. I used the Washi tape all around my card. Love the fun words and they go so well with the main character of this card. I chose Stamping Anya for this card and a few of her sisters and a brother from the Farm.
I am using a similar idea from Rachel's blog, another fantastic crafter. I stamped a few of the TGF images on kraft cs for the background of the card. I only colored them in with a versamark pen. Stamping Anya is the only one that received some "color". I gave her shirt a tie-dyed look to match her hair band. Love how it came out. Here is a close up of what her shirt says, it ties the whole theme of the card together and it just shows how much I "heart" TGF stamps. I think Marie should create some shirts with that saying, what do you think? :)
I hope you get a chance to play along. Here are the rules from the newsletter:
NOW, it's YOUR TURN to show us "What's up with WASHI!"
This is an exclusive TGF NEWSLETTER contest and will run through AUGUST 10, 2010. Show us a Card, LAYOUT, or 3D project using at least ONE TGF stamp (no other brands, please ;) and some WASHI or other masking-type tape.
We will choose a winner to be showcased in next months' newsletter and they will WIN a FREE ROLL of Washi tape PLUS Oliver/Amelia "JOURNEY"!!!
Don't forget to email your submissions to Jessica by AUG.10th!
Mahalo again for stopping by. Sweet dreams friends and hoping you have a fantastic Monday!!
****************
Supplies:
Papers: brown, kraft, white cs-Neenah| white wash collection- Core'dinations.com|
Stamps: Stamping Anya, Fleur Anya, WS-Ebony, CC-Thursday, RCWS-Jeremy & Wild Things bear- The Greeting Farm
Washi tape: Words-American girl
Inks: Black tuxedo, rich cocoa & bahama blue-Memento| white gel pen-Sakura|versamark-Tsukineko
Copics:
E00,27,35|BG72,91|YR07,16|R01,20|0

3 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

They sell Washi tape @ M's? Where??? I need info, lol!
Love your card, your background is way cooler than the one I did and I love her tiedyed-lookin headband and "I heart TGF stamps" shirt, I want one ;0)

Angela said...

Leanne, this is too cute!! I love the background paper and the way you colored her!! Love this!! Hugs:)
Angela

Amy said...

Wowzers, Leanne! Your background rocks and I love how you used the washi tape! Very cool looking card!