Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Let's go fly a kite

Happy Tuesday! The Monday Mania challenge over at CA&F is hosted this week by Maire. She is challenging us to use ribbons or bows this week. An idea came to me late last night so I was up until 3am working on it until it was done. You know when you get an idea in your head and no matter how late it gets you just have to finish it? Well that was me last night and most nights.. >.< Needless to say I am super sleepy right now.. hahaha.. but anything for crafting is my motto, well within reason.
So my idea as you can tell by my title has something to do with a kite... I chose to use cute little Oliver from the OA-Happy Day set. I wiped off all the dinosaurs and drew in the lines to connect his shirt. I cut the kite freehand and let me tell you it was difficult to figure out. Kept getting confused, but then again it was past my bedtime. Drew in the kite line and attached colorful ribbons to the bottom of the kite. Used a cool cloud dp that I purchased a while back. For the grass I used the MS icicles border punch and used a versamark pen to add some dimension. I used some pop dots to raise the bottom layer of grass and slipped in the image of Oliver in between. For the sentiment I used "This one's for you" from the Spotlight kit. So love it when an idea comes together no matter what time of the day/night. Well hope you get to play a long with the challenge and make sure you check out the CA&F blog post for the details as well as some really cute samples. Have a super day and as always Mahalo for stopping by.
**********
Supplies:
Paper: Kraft & white cs-Neenah|cloud dp-Unknown|green,blue,yellow, red, light blue, dark green cs-Bazzil
Stamps: Oliver from OA-Happy Day & Sentiment-The Greeting Farm
Inks: Black tuxedo-Memento|white gel pen-Sakura|black multiliner-Copic
Copic markers: E00,33,35,37,77|R01,20|YR07|Y17|N7,10|YG17,67|G82|B000|C0|0
Punch: Icicles border punch-Martha Stewart
Die-cuts: Circles-Spellbinders
Ribbons: Green, red, blue & orange-Michael's $1.99 section

2 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

Oh.my.gosh! How creative Leanne! I know I shouldn't be shocked by this anymore, but this is just too cool. Love the altering you did, what a great kite with the little bows and I love how you used the punch, i would never have thought of that!

Amy said...

I'm with Rachel, this is such a creative use of ribbon, Leannne! Love your alterind and that kite looks perfect! Amazing job on the challenge!