Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lakers Themed Birthday Card

Happy Father's Day! This is the first of two posts for me today. The first one is a card I made for my brother's birthday. He just turned the big 4-0 last week and he's a big Lakers fan. He used to play basketball recreationally and his number was 21. I didn't deviate from the TGF WS-Dylan stamp except to incorporate the Lakers logo and the # on the jersey.
Going simple on the card itself, I made "stripes" in purple and added some basketballs. Since it was his birthday, I thought the TGF, "In the Spotlight" sentiment was fitting: For the inside of the card I used TGF WS-Paul's body but kept Dylan as the main character. I colored in the track suit with the home colors, gold and purple stripes. I also did the opposite background than the front, this time purple with yellow stripes. Adding a bigger basketball with my message to him and the TGF stars from the TGF In the Spotlight set was the final touch.
It was a lot of fun to make another Laker card and especially nice to make it for my big brother. Mahalo for checking it out.
:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Leanne! Your card is awesome! I'm sure your brother will love it. I'm a fan of the Lakers too. :)

♥Rach♥ said...

I just LOVE this! The basketballs look great and the texturing is wonderful :0)