Friday, April 9, 2010

Letters for Ian & A card

Happy Friday! Hope your day has been fabulous!
Wanted to share my latest wooden letter project and the matching card I made last night. (Please bear in mind this will be a some what longer post than normal because of the pictures.)
My co-worker requested a set of letters for her godson's 1st birthday. The theme was Winnie the Pooh (Baby version). I actually had a dilemma trying to finish this because I was missing what I thought was the most important tool, my WTP Cricut cartridge! It would have been so easy to cut out what I wanted with it, but alas I had lent it out to a friend who was still using it. So I had to come up with a plan B. I had purchased a few sheets of a WTP dp and thought how could I incorporate it into this project. Well I ended up cutting a couple of the images out and using them as is. I was really please with the way it worked out and my co-worker was equally happy with the result.
Tying it all together in my opinion was the use of Oliver from The Greeting Farm. I had just received the newest OA (Buddies) stamp set and instead of using the cute puppy with Oliver, I altered it by inserting one of the WTP images from the dp. It worked out perfectly! Needless to say I worried over nothing. My co-worker loved the end result and that was all that counted. A bonus was that I loved the result as well. :)
Letters w/out ribbon:

Letter "I": Dry embossed the cs and punched out sm/xs circles writing in some fun words to a few of them. The honey pot is a stamp from Stampin' Up! I used diamond glaze to give it a "wet" look. And here is a really cute sleeping image of Pooh. I'm thinking he's dreaming of that hunny. :)

Letter "A" Dry embossed using the dots folder and punched out more circles. Wrote in more fun words inside a few of them. Also included Oliver with Pooh & Eyeore.

Here is a close up of Oliver & friends Pooh & Eyeore. I tried to make it look as seamless as possible. Looks good to me, what do you think?

Letter "N" Embossed this last letter and punched out some circles. I wrote in more fun words and included Pooh & Piglet on top and Tigger and Pooh on the bottom.

She also requested a matching card, so using one of the CA&F (Club Anya & Friends) sketches I used the same cs and dp as well as some of the stamps used for the wooden letters. Adding a couple of cut outs from the WTP dp tied this card together perfectly. I really love the result:

Oliver, Pooh & Eyeore up close. Yes, his outfit is different, at least in color it is. :)

Card sentiment up close: For the sentiment I used a clear stamp I got in the $1 section at Michael's (score!). keeping with the theme added a couple punched circles. I also cut out a cute Piglet and Tigger image from another dp I purchased. These guys are about 3 cm high, so they are very small. Cutting them was a bit of a challenge, especially because the paper is so thin.

I found a really great blue & green ribbon in my stash that I adhered right before I handed the whole thing over to Carol (my co-worker), it was the right touch to finish off the project. Here is the whole set together:

AHHH!!! I'm thankful that I was able to come up with a plan B. This is probably one of my favorite projects I've completed.
Mahalo for stopping by!
Supplies:
Wooden Letters from Michael's|WTP Disney dp|TGF Oliver stamp, Studio G Sentiment clear stamps & Stampin' Up honey pot stamp|Baby blue, yellow, green Bazzil cs, white & kraft Neenah cs for Oliver & sentiment images & white card|Memento Tuxedo blk ink| various Copic markers|Quikcutz polka dot & Cuttlebug dots embossing folders|Mod Podge gloss-lustre|Judikins diamond glaze|light green and a deeper green with blue stitches Suger N' Spice ribbon|XS & SM circle punches|Memento blk marker

5 comments:

Amy said...

OMGosh Leanne this is just the cutest gift! Genious idea to cut the images from the paper and use them with your stamps... I love it! I can see why this is your favorite project to date, it's amazing! :)

Unknown said...

This is super cute! i have yet to try wooden letters yet! Thanks for the inspiration!

Randi said...

Super cute project Leanne!

kadie said...

Oh my gosh, how ADORABLE!! What a fun project! I love the card too!

Trish a.k.a stampi said...

How freaking cute is this...wow..you do good work lady...seriously cool...