Saturday, April 24, 2010

For Justin & Desiree

Before I get into the card I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU for all of your wonderful comments. :) They just make my day so extra special. I admire all of you and am so very touched with each word. THANK YOU ladies for being my inspirations.
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Today's card is pretty fancy.. I made this wedding card for my co-workers using 2 stamps, some Memories patterned dp & solid paper, a few punches, a bold ribbon, a sassy gem, and some fabulous rub-ons. This was my attempt at using rub-ons. Now I have a love-hate relationship with rub-ons. I usually try to steer clear of them as sometimes they are just not worth the effort. Today was the exception. I actually loved them!:
I love it! It's a pretty fancy card in my book. hehe.. oh and I only used 1 colored Copic marker here! haha!! Here is a close up of the Monograms (Rub-ons): I dry embossed it with the swiss dots folder and then ran the label through to make the border. Here is where I used my one and only Copic color! haha.. Yep only 1 this time! :)
Here is the simple design on the inside. This time I used stamps instead of rub-ons:

Well I gotta hit the hay, wakin' up in a few hours to drive up to Las Vegas.
Mahalo for stopping by, have a great Sunday & Monday!
Supplies:
Papers: White card; silver & patterned dp(Wedding series-Making Memories); red cs (Bazzil)| Rub-ons: Wedding (Making Memories)|Stamps fr: Stampin Up & Kollete Hall| Inks/Embossing powder/Marker: Tuxedo blk (Memento); cranberry pigment ink (Color Box); clear embossing powder; C1 (Copic)|Dies/Dry embossing medium: Circles & Label One (Spellbinders); photo corners (EK); swiss dots (Cuttlebug)| Accessories: red ribbon (Straight N' Narrow) and a clear gem

2 comments:

Trish a.k.a stampi said...

So very elegant and pretty..I am sure it will become a lovely keepsake for the wedding couple..I love your detail on this. You did well with rub ons by the way..lol

Angela said...

Love this.. so elegant!! I have a love/hate for rub-ons too. Your nre pic of you looks great!!Hope you are having a great weekend!!
Hugs:)
Angela