Sunday, September 13, 2015

A Time for Tea Birthday card

Hello!

I made today's card for my boss' birthday.


Most of the papers used are scraps from my stash.  The layout is simple and functional.  I chose the pretty Always time for tea die set from MFT.  I always love the way dark brown makes everything pop, especially floral designs so I made sure to incorporate it in subtle ways here.  It really gives a nice accent to the card.  I should try to make more cards like this and add to my stash.  I have plenty of scraps that I could definitely accomplish it, and it's always fun to put something together where coloring is not involved.  Just sayin' hahaha!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Your boss will be in awe with your beautiful card. I agree, the brown makes the teapot pop. Love the black scalloped border too.

Denice said...

LOVE this and the gorgeous color choices you made....simply wonderful!

Lynn said...

Great card! Love the die cut teapot and the color scheme. Think I'll look for that die set. I also get tired of coloring and fussy cutting.